But read on... it's going to get better... it's not all a boo-hoo post!
Anyway, the thing that had me upset from the last post has been addressed directly (I didn't expect anything less from this person) and although I cried the entire time (such a wimp lately...) it's pretty much out there. I don't know if it can be fixed, or if there is something to fix; I just know I feel alot of guilt. Whether real or imagined, I feel it. I feel better for having talked, which I knew I would.
I'm beginning to think I should just tattoo the work pariah on my forehead. Anyway.
On to the big news. It may go nowhere but for now, it's huge fucking news. Remember how I said I applied for a job (via internet) at UPMC? Of course you do... you hang on my every word. {ahem} So anyway, later that day I threw caution to the wind and also applied to Allegheny General. Well, less than 24 hours later, AG had called me to set up an interview. Less than 24 hours after submitting it on the internet... and I'm out of state!!! So I've talked to two people but will be scheduling the interview tomorrow. Well, as long as a plane engine (a la Donnie Darko) doesn't fall down and get me. So here I am, all 'oh what the hell, nothing better to do, might as well send this and see if anyone wants me' then end up doing a second one... and they contact me immediately. Shit. I'm so excited and nervous all at once. They must've liked what they saw on the resume, which was not padded, by the way. I'm going to try for Monday or Tuesday for an interview but we'll see what they have available. Just like anyone, I'm afraid they'll interview me and not choose me; which may indeed happen. But at least I can try. I'll charm the pants off them. Believe it or not, this LiVEwiRe has more charm hiding under her boobs at any given moment than most people have after years of enrollment in charm school. (Even though that phrase lacks any bit of charm...lol.) Of course, then that means moving again... move #40. Say, does that spell party or what?! If I'd get this job and accept it, anyone else looking to move to Pittsburgh? We could get a great loft apartment...
Photo circa: 1977

Photo circa: Uh, more recent... =)
I'm sure you can tell by my nonstop babbling that I'm excited. And equally frightened... all the 'what-ifs', you know? And if not this one, there would be another one available at some point in time. I just know that my current job is not working and it won't be working - unless they change the entire structure.
So anyway... for the moment, I have something to look forward to and I can feel that the possibility of it is giving me back a portion of my strength. In the past week, several situations (really one in particular) told me I didn't have worth... within 24 hours, they let me know that I did. I had enough worth for them to want to talk with me further.
I am so ready for something good.
20 comments:
I'm willing to move to Pittsburgh. It's just that Pittsburgh is not ready for me, I think.
And I'm so glad things are looking up. Forget the guilt, since when is being honest guilt-inducing? Did I miss something at Sunday school?
Oh wait, I didn't go to Sunday school... Hmmm.
You go launch your charm offensive. We'll hope for good news.
diaxwyg: a wig made from dioxins could lead to some nasty side effects if you ask me.
You sound surprised that anybody would want to talk to you further ? I think you underestimate your worth !
I'm glad that the act of conversation has paid you compensation. Talking is good, in many ways.
I sense a change here. We are getting Livewire back!! Yippee!! You can feel the enthusiasm in your words - well done.
I'm SO glad for you!!! See, you've just realised what we'ver known all along - you're GREAT! :-)
YAY!! that's GREAT!!
normally I HATE change!!
well maybe I FEAR change hehehe
I'm glad you're starting to come around :)
and I'm excited for you! there's been a positive shift all around - and good things are happening!! YAY!!!
hehehe sorry - it's early and my brain isn't clear yet
ugh - I really need to drop the creepy part and just go back to plain old kitty!! hehehe
oh... and I'm sorry the dolls gave you nightmares - although I do think that's kinda funny!! haaa sorry hehehe - I'm doing my best to push them down the page!!
ok that's it I'm shutting up now :)
It's good to see your pecker up again! I have some catching up on reading your blog - I hope it won't be too depressing! :-)
Thats a really cool looking structure!~
R2000
Bathroom Review
Oh how I hate fucking spamments...sorry, I just sawe them and it made me angry.
Anyway, good luck, hope you get the job, fingers crossed!
No matter what, that's a huge accomplishment, one that you deserve and should feel proud of. I wish you all the best.
Congrats! Let's hope UPMC & Allegheny start some sort of bidding war for your employment.
Just don't forget that glock.
Anne - It would shake things up a bit for you though... and the city... =) Yeah, I don't recall that from Sunday School; either time I went...
Fence - Charm offensive underway! =) Yeah, a dioxin wig may not be the best...
Carpy - I either overestimate or underestimate. Still trying to find a middle ground somewhere...
Buddess - I am getting some enthusiasm; just trying to take it as it comes. =)
Terri - Not so sure I'm great, but at least I've not cried for almost 20 hours!
CreepyKitty - Fear is the thing that gets me, change is ok. The thing with the doll was pretty funny. Mainly because I couldn't see it... just felt it chewing on me and saw the horns. =:)
Nomad - Hahaha... my pecker is only at half mast over this so far. And yes, alot of the previous posts are depressing as hell.
Alex - Thanks! I saw that link the other day but hadn't checked it out yet but I will now.
Motor - Yeah, they still suck. Thanks for the luck! =) And if not this one, then another...
Jay - Thanks so much! It's a big thing to take a chance when you've all but forgotten how.
Sappho - It is indeed a small world! Lol... and I try not to hide things under there. Thanks for the luck!
Tom - I'll hide the Glock the same place that I hide my charm... =)
Heidi - Thanks for the good vibes; we'll see where it all takes me...
Very often, we find ourselves stuck in a bad situation. With a wavering determination, you feel like giving up. It is at such times, that you need to energize yourself with inspirational thoughts.
We shall all remember that a constant struggle, a ceaseless battle to bring success from inhospitable surroundings, is the price of all great achievements.
I wish you all the best in your accomplishments darling & good luck :)
That's great news! I'm sure they'll hire you, how could they not hire you once they meet you and talk to you and you win them over with the charm we all know you have. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Buffy would too but it's so hard to cross those little doggie toes.
I am arriving late, so I'll just say, "Sa-weeeet!"
I'm sure you'll work your magic on 'em.
Eeek! Pittsburgh? Good luck though I was alarmed to hear you'd be traveling there and just after I read they raised the zombie alarm there.
Did I say zombie alarm? Yes, it says so here:
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/41676
:-D
Seriously, reading what just happened to you, I hope you're okay. Someone close to me had more or less the same experience as yours and...
... anyway, hope you're doing better. :-)
"enegrui": a new kind of energy drink that involves the Necronomicon
of course we expect nth less than this self-confident Livewire... Guess you must be fearing which one to choose as they will both fighting to have you!! Good luck...
Farzad - You're right, this is the exact time I need inspirational thoughts. Just like for anyone, there is always a flood of thoughts for reasons why you 'can't' as opposed to how you 'can'. Thank you so much. =)
John - I will say that I was surprised at how quickly they contacted me. I'm in the process of selecting a 'charming/knock their socks off' interview outfit now. Oh, and tell Buffy that a tail wag will suffice. =)
Jason - Thanks! =) My magic. yep, that'd be it. And if that doesn't work, I'll get out that little voodoo doll in my purse and work that on th... oh. Perhaps I shouldn't say that....
Banzai - Read down in the article... I get a Glock... a Glock... certainly should come in handy with zombies! =) And thank you regarding the other thing. It is indeed difficult and I appreciate you acknowledging it.
Dr O2 - Lol... yes, my legions of fans in hospital pharmacies the world over. *sigh* Let them fight if they must...
Post a Comment