Friday, July 01, 2005

So there is a connection, I promise...

First, I would like to announce the happy arrival of one lovely digital camera into LivEWiRe's life. The ramifications of this occurance may be far reaching... BE WARNED!

I'm going to go play with my new toy but I want to leave you with this. I've seen this commercial twice today and it still cracks me up. I wanted to be all creative and put a still from the commercial here (as the link) but I'm not feeling that ambitious.

Please visit this site and watch the commercial, it is hilarious! While you're there, theres a ton of other stuff on this guy's site...
The connection, by the way, is lifting and separating (watch the commercial!)...

11 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...

The voice is kinda creepy...

John Holland said...

I've always thought the commerical was funny. The first time I heard it on tv I wasn't paying much attention and thought something was screwed up with the sound and picture. There's more ads along these lines too, all are pretty funny.

Hmmmm, a digital camera. Looking forward to seeing what you will show us now.

Skrambled Egghead Reborn said...

Cool! I can't wait to see some pictures. Blogger just made it a lot easier to post pictures too.

LiVEwiRe said...

Alex - Thanks for the visit! For me, it's the voice in combination with such an opposite visual. Creepy but funny.

John - Yeah, I remember the first time I saw it it was as if my brain was not quite able to grasp it. I'm trying to learn how to use my camera but I'm so impatient!

Skrambled - The little bugger looks innocent enough yet every button has like, 18 functions! Step #1: Be smarter than the camera...

Heidi - Maybe I can take pictures of the reactions of the people in cars that I serenade... whaddya think? =)

kyknoord said...

Digital camera? That's it? That's like saying, "I bought a car". C'mon, you owe us gizmonerds the name, rank and serial number at least.

Wayne Smallman said...

There was a similar advert over here sometime about a year ago, but this one was quite disturbing and was a public announcement warning to kids using on-line chat rooms.

There was this grubby, middle-aged guy sat in front of computer talking, but it was the voice of some ten year-old girl.

Very odd...

Jugular Bean said...

This one's part of a series, I've seen others where there's an old woman talking like a biker and suchlike.

Motormouth said...

As this is a library, I can't have sound on, so I can't really watch it. I mean I can watch it but I can't listen to it. Yes, thats what I mean, Hurrah!!

Wayne Smallman said...

"As this is a library, I can't have sound on, so I can't really watch it. I mean I can watch it but I can't listen to it. Yes, thats what I mean, Hurrah!!"

You not got some headphones?

Plug 'em in...

LiVEwiRe said...

Kyknoord - If I give you my serial number will you buy me accessories? Pleeease? =)

eKapa - Yes, I have made the plunge and you shall all suffer greatly... muuuhuhahahahaha.

Wayne - The commercial does sound a bit unsettling. Sometimes the brain takes a moment to put all the pieces together to 'get it' the first time.

JBean - I'd forgot about that one! But I remember the woman at the hair salon with the teenage boy voiceover.

Jenn - Indeed! I plan on calling my first photo essay "Knee, Nostril, Wall".... needless to say I'm still working on the 'getting to know you' portion of it all.

Motor - Take Wayne's suggestion... headphones are great for that situation. You might enjoy it more if you hear it! =)

Motormouth said...

I always have headphones, but it is so difficult to find where to plug them in because of where the computers are, I really can't be bothered. Maybe one day. Besides, I usually don't get much time to do anything. Most of my time is taken up reading blogs(yes you)and I have very little time to do much else. If only I had the Internet at home I would be blogging all the time. Oh well...