WooHoo! It's the Daily Double!... Spank me Alex, er... or is it 'hit me'?...
Brace yourself... I, Miss Gloom & Doom of late, was in a good mood today.
{murmur, mumble mumble, murmur...}
So anyway, there I was just minding my own business when this jovial Korean man began fondling my breast. I swear. I do not lie about breast fondling. He must have had a thing for symmetry because next thing I know... his fickle digits found their way to the left one! As if the right one wasn't enough... hmmmpf! Then the blonde chick gets in on the action; watching, taking notes. If this wasn't my annual gyn appointment, the note taking would have really made me uncomfortable, let me tell you! Heh, sorry. Anyway, most of the reason I'm in such a good mood is that the appointment is over for another year. {Male readers - it is the equivalent of 'turn your head and cough' with an added 10 minutes of various violation. And someone hanging around to watch and take notes.} Eh, at least his hands were warm.
Upon leaving the aforementioned sex den, I found that someone had turned the thermostat up by about 10 degrees and it was now officially hot as piss. No really, I think it was in the mid 90s which would be near the official temperature of... Oh forget it. Anyway, I was having some time to myself and just felt so elated to be done with the appointment that I opted to slip in a mix CD (although I only listened to 3 songs the whole time. Over. And over...), crank the bitch up, and set off along a more scenic, relaxed route. Cold beverage nestled close, AC on, windows part way down and me not just singing, but car dancing as well folks. I had fun with nearby cars, too. Well, more their drivers than the cars themselves. I love singing to people. They want to disappear, but I think it's funny to see their reaction, they are trapped after all. One song I mainly listened to was called Hammer In My Hand by Grady (headed by Gordie(Grady) Johnson of Big Sugar); this took up the majority of my musical efforts. It is rough, gritty and soulful and an absolute dream to a motorist serenader such as myself. You can download that song free off the site... at least check it out and it might inspire you to do a little serenading yourself. I can't decide whether it's a bit sad that I'm this easily and oddly amused or funny as hell. Either way, I had a great time.
Here's something that you wouldn't think would put anyone in mind of a good mood, but hey... this is me we're talking about and I see things a bit differently sometimes. Well, within 12 hours of each other (if that), I learned of the death of two friends. One was my friend's mother Florence. She was very old (96) and led a magnificent life. Her husband was an instructor at the Pratt Institute and for a while she led what I call the Martha Stewart lifestyle (pre incarceration), complete with culture and afternoon tea. The second death was my friend Tony who was in his very early 40s. He was in a motorcycle accident a couple of weeks ago and never fully came out of the coma. His name to all his biker friends was Psycho, and well, it's not a total lie. We'd sit and drink and talk about hockey and have a blast. He was all about enjoying things, which he did until his last moments. The reason this makes me smile is not that they're dead, but that they actually lived! They did what made them happy and although they were opposites, in that one respect they had a sort of parallel going on. I smiled knowing that they both, in their own ways, are an inspiration. Dying is the easy part... knowing how to live and having the courage to do it really takes balls. Hats off to you both.
Just a last thought; thanks to everyone who left me a comment on the last post and to those the emailed me. Some of you made me laugh like hell when I thought I couldn't and some of you made me think of things I needed to face. Thanks to every one of you... and look! It worked! I'm better today - cured, healed! Well, it was either that or the breast fondling...
~.
12 comments:
A visit to the frilly-bit doctor? Ick. Still, at least it's only once a year and it will always be a notch or two up from going to a dentist who is studying proctology at night.
Thank you for a good chuckle, which, when talking gyn appointments is obviously quite a feat.
I also wish I could sing at the top of my voice... unfortunately, I don't have a car (for which all the other drivers of the world are grateful). Also, "I can't decide whether it's a bit sad that I'm this easily and oddly amused or funny as hell", well, same here. I've decided it was a great thing.
And most importantly, the tribute to your friends was perfect. Very inspiring. So thank you...
Hehehe... I quite fancy the idea of being felt up by a stranger. Why do women get to have all the fun? We men never seem to get any!!(feet stomping and fists pounding). I have a dentist appointment on Tues next week... wonder if I can talk her into some inapprriate behaviour.... not a lot, just enough of it to make the visit more interesting.
I am sorry to hear about the passing on of your friends. Personally, I am not scared of dying... not one bit... I just don't want to... not ever!
Now that's the way to start a post...breast fondling, that's a subject the will get my attention :)
Glad to see you're in such a great mood. And you're right, it's not so sad when someone dies who has lived so well. You know they got all they could out of life.
But I agree with chitty...I'm not afraid of dying, it's just I don't ever plan on doing it.
Hey a good breast fondle will do wonders for your attitude...at last it does for me...;)
And I'm guilty of singing in my car too...but I'm the opposite of you. I tend to tone it down a bit at traffic lights....I've been caught singing at the top of my lungs and, as I look over to the car beside me, they're looking at me like "WTF????" Did I mention I embarrass easily?
I am so glad to see you're feeling better! And by the way, you kick ass as a writer...:)
Glad you're feeling better(be it through breast fondling or whatever), and I agree, we should celebrate the way they lived, not the way they died.
Kyknoord - I'm certainly hoping my dentist isn't sudying as such... and I'm still giggling over "frilly-bit".
Anne - I have to look at the 'annual' lightly, otherwise it's just too weird. Now, you could start a new trend and serenade folks in line at the cafe, on the train; a car is not an absolute necessity. It's worth it to see the expressions, but you have to really get into it and 'feel' it! =)
And thank you for the kind words regarding the last part.
Chitty - Oh, it wasn't being felt up by a stranger that bothered me, it was all the damn notetaking! =) Now if you'll just step a little closer Chitty, I think I may be able to figure something that would reduce your foot stomping... (heehee) So thoughtful, aren't I? {wink)
Lucy McGoldNugget
Beelze - Honest Beelze, it's meeee! I've not tried a gel bra yet. With that recommendation of yours, I'll be off to the store shortly!
JohnH - So breast-speak gets your attention, eh? I must remember this! =) Oh my, do I have to refer to you two boys as the 'Immortal Chitty' and the 'Immortal John'? Hey, I think I can swing it...
Stacy - lol... I could see you singing like that though! I used to embarass easily then something happened and I turned the tables, so to speak. I love to see the look on peoples faces. And you just know they are going to tell people about the 'freak of nature' they encountered at the traffic light today! Thank you for such a great compliment, too - I appreciate it!
Motormouth - Thanks! You know, although it is still sad to lose someone, remembering their vitality is the highest compliment one can give.
It's great to hear you so upbeat. And car dancing even, that's the big time!
you have the perfect outlook on death, and it shows a level of maturity and intelligence (to me anyway, but i'm all fucked up) that you smiled and realized that when your freinds die, its not a tragedy (of course i was bummed and cried a few weeks ago when my friend up and died for no apparent reason, so i should shut the fuck up right now) the ones to morn are those left living....
given the chance, i would gladly give you a free mamogram, complete with soft music and a glass of wine, you know, make it a bit less aniseptic and businesslike, and a bit more fun...
Ahhh yes, the Gyno, such a dignified and enjoyable exam. Did you have to get set up to get squished yet? My favorite.
I'm sorry about your losses, however, I do agree, it's wonderful that they both chose to actually live life.
Jay - Yeah, car dancing is pretty hardcore!
Mr. Decko - There are usually tears of some sort relating to a death, it goes with the territory. You know, I think I like your idea of a mammogram. Think you can pencil me in for an appointment?
Broomhilda - Yeah, real dignified... lol. No squishing yet and I think I'm going to go see Dr. Decko for that one anyway; sounds like a far more enjoyable time. Thanks for your thoughts on my friends; I try to live (really live) but this just reinforces it.
Heidi - Thanks so much for your thoughts regarding my friends. Now as far as serenading... I don't recall saying I had a good voice...shall we? =)
Post a Comment