
A long time ago in college, I was an art major... this is a result of that time in my life. This is a picture of the original. It took quite a bit of deciding as to whether I truly wanted to post any of my work but I kind of got a case of what I'm terming 'contact inspiration' from Forgotten Machine. FM has been posting some amazing samples of his work and I started thinking that maybe I should take the same chance. If you haven't been over to see them, please take a moment to look.
So that's it for now... just an experiment of sorts for me. Enjoy.
11 comments:
I know it can be scary to put yourself out there, especially considering that art is such a personal thing, but if I may say so, that this first sample is beautiful, and I can only hope that more may follow.
this is just so incredibly awesome. thanks for posting it!!
I like it!
You've got some very lovely lines going on there. I like the elegant, rather simplistic look- I can never do that- I always end up elaborating too much. You ought to keep up with the art thing, and post some more :).
It is indeed great! I think your chance payed off judging by the comment here, and hopefully more will follow, can't wait!
Wow, you never told me you could draw! Very good. I'm always looking for artists to work on comic books with....
I hope we get to see more of your drawings...this one is really good. Do you still draw?
Everyone - Thank you so much for your kind words! Some of you write, do photography, paint, or are musicians... you all have your own art and know how hard it is to take the first step and put something so personal 'out there'. Thank you again, and I will post a few more over the upcoming days.
Gotta second the peeps, LW. Pretty cool and funky drawing. ;-)
Cool drawing LW. I'm with the other commenters. You must post more artwork.
Everyone - Round 2- Thanks for even more wonderful comments; I appreciate the positive words!
Actually - in another day or two I should be posting another. Still makes me a bit nervous, but oh well. Why not, right?!
Post a Comment