I'm just gonna put this out there so it can be said and done and over with.
If you are married and flirting (with me), that's not a big deal - flirting is fun. When you get into talking about the bondage clothes you own during the week of your 2 year anniversary or start asking me to rub your back at work (two separate cases) then things take a turn. They take a turn that reminds me why I have chosen NOT to date for a very, very long time.
And it's not the standard 'men are pigs'. Not at all. It's just that we live in a society where you have to keep acquiring more. I am not something to acquire.
Friendly flirting is a good thing. Everyone gets an ego boost of sorts and that's the end of it. But when you try to manipulate others into being a conquest of sorts, I mean, really.
Pfft. People are truly thoughtless sometimes. Just sayin'.
7 comments:
ick!!
I'm all for a little harmless flirting - but there is a clear line and I wonder about people who don't seem to know that!!
many people cross that line, there's an ex on facebook (divorced two and a half times by the age of 37 which tells me something) who is making positive overtures to me. Which was funny when I was drunk, not so funny in the morning when you think god, that could have been gorrendous if the sense chip with which I am equally blessed and cursed hadn't nipped anything above flirting in the bud.
Men.
Kitty and Ginger Doll - I back both of you on those comments. You really have to wonder about some people. Flirting is fun, but keep it there. No one has to push it. Funny you should mention alcohol, not that I was drinking at work, but that is often at the root of situations like these. Always good to have the 'common sense' gene. =)
omg people are effing ridiculous.
Kate - I'd like to ship all those people off somewhere. Any suggestions?!
I was sat on public transport noodling along to my I-Pod when Pink's U+UR Hand came on randomly. I thought of this post and spent the rest of the song grinning inanely at the sentiment. People were giving me funny looks.
Perhaps appropriate to the groper?
GD - Heh, I'm tickled that you made a connection. Personally, I love it when I see or hear things from blogs and such that I get reminded of. And really, such a great artist onsidering the subject matter! ;)
Post a Comment