Isn't that what they always say?
So it wasn't long ago that I said I didn't want to be 'tagged' by anyone because I'd feel the pressure to succumb and participate. Well, I've been tagged by a wonderful girl we all know as Justrose and am therefore making an exception. She is a caring, introspective, funloving woman that I am happy to have the chance to get to know. Her remarkable ability to write posts to make you laugh as well as reflect on more important things is able to be seen right around the corner here, at Anonymous Rowhouse. She is worth getting to know. Listen carefully; she can teach you alot. Oh, and as a friendly gesture... bring her some chocolate when you drop by! As for me - homework time...
A Lifetime
10 years ago: I was working at Sea World of Ohio, loving life. I was one of a limited group that worked year round and therefore got to participate in things most employees never did. Yes, I pet Shamu. Yes, I got snorted on by a walrus. I forged relationships with sea lions during lunch breaks and spent time in dolphin training sessions.
5 years ago: That was the heyday of my bar hopping days. Too many drinks, lots of stupid actions, tons of foggy laughter. Self-medicating at it's best.
1 year ago: Basically, the same thing as I am now; yet somehow different. It seems like it was a lifetime ago. I seemed happier then.
Yesterday: Finding out I needed a gold filling. Perhaps this will branch to encompass a new career as a pirate.
Today: I spent a ridiculously enormous amount of time grinning like the village idiot. I got a sort of surprise call from a friend and it meant alot. Maybe more than they know; hence the stupified look of a village idiot. =)
Tomorrow: Preparing to work for the next 5 days, 'playing' on here a bit, and hopefully conveying a few well-deserved thank yous.
5 snacks I enjoy: Salsa! Oh, with lightly salted chips, I suppose. Frozen grapes/watermelon, cheese (preferably smoked gouda), crunchy granola bars and iced Frappuccinos! Is that 5?
5 songs I know all the words to: The Messenger (The Tea Party), Diggin' a Hole (Big Sugar), Easy Comes (Thornley), Prime Time Deliverance (Matthew Good Band), One Day All This Could Be Yours (Oceansize).
5 things I would do with $100,000,000: Count it...lol. Nah, not sure I can count that high. Even though we don't get along that well, I'd give my family whatever amount they needed, invest, donate anonymously, plan a trip/bash for a group of people I like... perhaps some are reading this, then, I'd travel the world... every single nook and cranny that has ever interested me. I'd see it all. With the investment earnings I'd buy a Democrat for the White House.
5 locations I'd like to run away to: This is all based on pictures, failed plans and dreams; nowhere I've ever been but places I'd want to be nonetheless. Bermuda, Hermanus, Prague, Madagascar, Ireland/UK. If my plan above works, this should be no problem! =)
5 bad habits I have: Sheesh, only 5? Procrastination, ideas of infallibility mirrored by a theme of self-condemnation, disorganization, emotional lability.
5 things I like doing: Reading, writing, imagining, listening to music, finding fun in the silliest of things and actually not being too 'adult' to laugh about it.
5 things I would never wear: Hot pants (consider yourselves all very fortunate), stillettos (I'd kill myself - kind of takes away from the intended idea), patchouli (ick - smells like potting soil), real fur (gross), super low rise pants (various reasons). I wanted to add 'my heart on my sleeve', but I have a habit of doing it, then yanking it away, then wearing it there... so I couldn't actually say it.
5 T.V. shows I like: House (love it!), Will & Grace, and the rest is all medical docu-drama or something else on the Discovery channel IF I watch anything...
5 movies I like: Kill Me Later, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Very Bad Things, Edward Scissorhands, and Heartbreakers.
5 famous people I'd like to meet: Einstein, Walter Cronkite, Oscar Wilde, Woody Allen and Bugs Bunny. Shut up, I know he's a cartoon. heh heh...
5 biggest joys at the moment: A couple of newly forged friendships and just friends in general (I'm counting that as one thing), my freedom (I do try to remember this daily), having Benny home, my silly sense of humor, oh, and almost losing my shorts yesterday!
5 favorite toys: Oh, could I ever take this in a totally different direction...ahem. As a kid? Then it included a Lite-Brite, drawing paper and books. Now? It includes the internet, books, music and writing paper. Not much of a difference? Wow; I am a nerd.
5 people to tag: I know who I want to see answer these, but I'm not going to ask them. If you're asking, 'I wonder if she means me?'... I probably do. I would like to see some folks take a shot at this though because it really makes you think about different things... not your top 3 favorite pickles, or your old high school locker combination, etc...
So that's all for my homework tonight.... =)
10 comments:
"Messenger by the Tea Party" I Love that song too! The mans voice makes me all silly...*shudder* That whole album is incredible. This is a huge connection! i want to just hug you right now!!
a few more facets of the diamond that is "LIVEWIRE" has been shown...cool.
it is so neat that you would like to meet oscar wilde...
Another Discovery Channel afficiando, huh? I love it.
Great answers, Livewire....very interesting! :)
Oscar Wilde... now there someone I would love to compare notes with.
Another one of my favourites is Hemmingway... uh, is there a pattern to the people I'd like to meet?
Nice post, Livewire aka Lucy McGoldNugget) I am not picking up the baton... I'll scare meself with me own answers. :)
Ostrich - Not alot of people know of The Tea Party and that happens to be one song that is capable of utterly bringing me to my knees. Aside from that, yes... his voice does amazing things to me, too. Some sort of aural voyeurism; I swear he can get into the soul. Definite hug!
ForgottenMachine - I'm glad you took the hint and tagged yourself. Always nice to find people that like The Tea Party. If we get any others that know the words to The Messenger we can add them to the club... lol! Thanks for what you said about yesterday's smile. =)
Arthur - Sometimes the facets of the diamond feel more like a lump of coal. Perhaps that's why I'm intrigued by Oscar... Although now, I'd like to know who you'd choose to meet.
Valhalla - I knew you'd come up with interesting answers! And yes, Edward does intrigue me, has for a while. Send my best next time you visit!
Stacy - Yes, I am a Discovery Channel fan. I think we travel in herds. =) I absolutely love learning things! Oh, sorry, I think my 'nerd' is showing... heehee.
Chitty - Argh, well if it isn't the manwhore come to shiver me timbers again... lol... ok, if anyone reads that and wonders, it is referring to his post. No actual timbers have been shivered in the making of this comment. And manwhore was not my word, but I do kind of like it for purposes of 'Chitty Harassment'! So Chitty, you'd pick Oscar, too? Nice call. When you throw in Papa, yes - there is a definite theme! Knew we liked you for a reason. We = me and Lucy McGoldNugget... Argh! Ahem... I'm ok now. And I do love the name, can you tell? {wink}
THANK YOU for doing this. i loved learning more about you! I'd like to accompany you to madagascar, we could go on a lemur-quest.
Very good post, I feel like I've learned a lot more about you. And I would love to meet Bugs Bunny too.
I think you'd make a cute pirate, if I didn't say it before.
I like this one. I think I may have to play along.
By the way, that's freakin' sweet that you got to play with Shamu.
Rose - I enjoyed this... thanks for tagging me. And that is exactly why I want to go to Madagascar... lemurs! =)
JohnH - We could go to Six Flags and see him, but it wouldn't be the same. Wanna go anyway?
Beelze - Those words you quoted are often the bain of my existence. They also make me who I am. =)
eKapa - Why yes, I do like the buzz...lol But each setting hardly constitutes as '5' items!
Jay - Thanks! But I want a hook that doubles as a squirt gun!
Skrambled - I was hoping you'd volunteer to be 'it' next! And yeah, Shamu was way cool!
heidi - Thanks so much! I'll tell you, if I have to stand on the street with a cup, I'm gonna get a democrat in there! =)
Post a Comment