Friday, July 28, 2006

Even I can laugh at this!

Of course there are many things I could be addressing at this time; some good, some not so good. Let's just say the past few days have not, in much of any way, gone as planned. So although my frame of mind is still rather fragile I'm not scheduling to hurl my body onto any of the numerous train tracks here in the 'Burgh.

The entire point of this post is to show you my unmentionables.

Yep, you read correctly. Or, perhaps I should call them my unidentifiables. Know how some people (when referring to cooking) say they can 'burn water'? Well here's my laundry-based version....


Yep. I melted... freaking annihilated... my unmentionables. Until they became unidentifiables. There was another item that sustained some damage but not nearly so drastic. I think you could substitute this for the center of a tennis racket; it's like hard plastic!

After this little mishap I'm sooo asking Victoria for her Secret. I bet she doesn't have this problem. Damned dryers anyway.

10 comments:

anne said...

You could probably make a Nat King Cole or Sinatra hit with those: I had "unrecognizable" in mind, that's three already.

kitty said...

well ya know... if you wore white cotton panties like a good girl - this would never have happened!! hehehe

LiVEwiRe said...

Anne - You think I can collect any royalties from that?...

Kitty - If they were cotton, the entire machine would have been up in flames!

kyknoord said...

Wow Cap'n. Are you some kind of überneofeminist or something?

Dr O2 said...

I got me a piece of crime evidence I need to turn into sth like that! I am ready to pay for the favor ;-)

I am an artist of my own when it comes to this specific kind!

LiVEwiRe said...

Kyknoord - One might think so given the end result there but I prefer to call it 'domestically challenged'.

Dr O2 - Give it to me and the evidence shall become, well, melted, burned, and nothing that they can trace back to you! ;)

Anonymous said...

Yikes!

That looks like the kind of thing which washes up with syringes and medical waste on the Jersey shore. Does your dryer have a thermonuclear setting? :D

Meadow said...

Wow. That is pretty bad, lol.

Anonymous said...

What part of "do not machine dry - hang on line" don't you understand? I'll bet the Amish never have this problem.

Actually, I thought it looked like you tossed a python into a grain thresher, and tried to cood the results.

LiVEwiRe said...

Jason - Apparently it does have such a setting, unbeknownst to me. If that thing washed up on the shore, I'd definitely be wary!

Renee - Innit, tho? =) It gets pretty hot in Vegas; better make sure yours don't melt ON you! lol.

Ron - If the Amish saw those, they's say it was the work of the devil and be grateful they don't have electricity. And hey, those labels are tricky!!! =) It does kind of resemble a mangled python, doesn't it?