An environment in which to alleviate mental static and indulge in the occasional creative hoo-ha. I will also share my odd fixation on Canadian bands. And start too many phrases with 'and', 'but', and 'or' (Conjunction Junction, what's your function?). Now sit down, hang on and shut up.
Saturday, April 29, 2006
Annoying the world... one person at a time
So, I was supposed to go home this weekend and for various reasons, it just didn't pan out. Considering it was for Gram's birthday, I'm not hip to the outcome of that situation. The new girl at work called off yet again, which makes 5 times (or more) in the four weeks she's worked there. Pretty soon, it's going to be 'The LiVEwiRe Show' at work. Multiple personality disorder is something I have not been afflicted with thus far, yet this little work situation could change that if I am expected to be all people at all times. Somehow these things weren't enough to get my panties in a bunch, so I decided that I would take a little trip to WalMart after work; self-inflicted pain, if you will. Yes, me who doesn't like shopping went shopping at one in the morning. I will say that it's one hell of an empty store at that time, which is definitely to my liking. Anyway, here's the point of this rambling. I bought three pairs of jeans in a size that I haven't worn since my earlier years of high school. I'm so tempted to divulge the size because it makes me really happy, not to mention that I still have a 'deer in headlights' gaze because I never dreamed I'd be buying that size today, but I'm a girl. Girls don't like to reveal sizes and such; it's a touchy subject. But for a moment, I'm happy... and I don't get to use those words too often. Lately, me + happy = does not compute... so I'm just content to relish the moment for now. There's plenty of time to be cranky later. Oh, and I bought a t-shirt. Wanna know what it says? Read the title of this post! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 comments:
Good for you, lady! Now go and enjoy that feeling!
1am is the ONLY time to go to walmart!!!
anyway that is AWESOME!!! I would be thrilled as hell to be able to fit into my high school jeans!!
I wouldn't wear them in public on account of they would be skin tight stretch demin, possibly with little zippers at the ankles and they would look ridiculous with my sensible old lady shoes (black merrell clog looking things)
but I would dance around the house in them for hours and hours hehehe
sorry you didn't make it home!! =(
Anne - Thanks! I am still enjoying the feeling, and still in a moderate state of shock - but in a good way! =) Confession: I sort of like this 'good feeling' thing.
Kitty - OMG, I remember the zippers at the ankle; hey, those were cute! Do you have the Merrell Primo clog things?! I want a pair of those sooo bad. I love those, they are the most comfortable shoes! I must confess, when I came home, I wore each pair of jeans (no, not all at once) for about 1/2 an hour...just to make sure it wasn't a cruel dream and that they didn't shrink in the bag on the way home...lol. It wasn't that long ago that my high school jeans wouldn't have come up past my fat little knees but at least they weren't parachute pants...hehe! Don't think I could fit into those then, either... which looking back on it, may not have been such a bad thing!
I remember for the longest time I could still fit in a pair of jeans I had from high school and than one day...something happened. They shrunk! That's gotta be it. And that's been too many years ago.
rock ON baby!!!!! that's what i'm talking about! know EXACTLY how delicious that feeling is! good for you!!
lol that personality disorder part was fantastic :-)
Happy you are on form these days. But with the amount of energy U possess nth else is thinable ;-)
that is so fantastic. you deserve that lovely feeling.
YES those are the ones.... ugly as hell but VERY comfortable!! mine are black suede.... if I get another pair I'll go for the meshy ones though because these ones don't breathe AT ALL!! and if they get the least bit wet (like if you go out in the rain or walk through wet grass) they get stinky and they make your feet all stinky!! it's NOT good at all!!
so ya might wanna keep that in mind if you do get some!! hehehe
ewww I HAD charcoal gray parachute pants.... but they never fit me right they were always way too tight - and I wasn't even fat at the time!! but the way sizes were I always felt fat because I could never find anything that wasn't tight on me!!
however I think parachute pants were for boys and they didn't take girly hips into consideration... of course how 'hippy' could I have been when I was 11 or 12? hehehe
thanks for the trip down memory lane via my fashion nightmares!! haaaa
what next? those big wide shoelaces? rubber bracelets looped together?
how 'bout friendship pins!! (I always had to make my own) haaaa
right before my tie dye phase I wore one of those Frankie says RELAX shirts.... with HOT PINK letters!!
have I made it clear just how much of a dork I was? hehehe
anyway I'm so happy for you and your skinny jeans!!! WOO HOO!!
JohnH - They shrunk? The NERVE!!! Don't you just hate it when you go to wear something that you haven't worn in a while only to find it's shrunk... right on the hanger?!
Rose - Oh yeah, I know you've been acquainted with that feeling! It's definitely a good one.
Dr. O2 - We'll see what this week holds with the disorder... =) I'll need energy to make it through!
Transience - Thanks dear; it is pretty a fantastic thing if I do say so myself!
Kitty - The leather ones are pretty good in the rain, and don't seem to be to stinky; those are the ones my friend has. Parachute pants were definitely not for anyone with hips. I still maintain they were made solely for stick figure drawings. The RELAX tshirt made me laugh! I had one too! To be honest, I think everyone made their own friendship pins... everyone wanted to look sooo cool. One girl I knew had more pins than there were people in our school, so go figure! =)
hehehehe. . .
I so udnertsnad that smile on finding U have a size U din't expect to be back to :D I love GAP just for that reason I think: I can buy stuff that fit me at at least a couple of sizes smaller than in other stores ;)
I wouldn't mind watching something called "The LiVEwiRe Show". :-)
Love the name of the shirt - need one myself!!!
Congratulations on hitting the new size! WTG! And I saw the tally in the sidebar too. That is effin wonderful. I am so happy for you. Hopefully I'll be able to say the same thing one of these years ...
The world has an odd way of providing a little extra ying to match the yang. Obviously it would have been better to have had the visit AND the actually-not-awful shopping trip but I guess it's a way of pacing things.
Love the "deer in the headlights" image - made me smile at the expression you must have had.
Nice post to read and well deserved too.
Yay for you about the new size! :) (I have a new size too...but unfortunately, it's larger than my last one, dammit!)
And I need a shirt like that....how cute! :)
Tigress - Hmmm... The Gap, you say? Heehee... I may have to go there next in that case!
Gatto - For some reason, I've immediately taken a liking to calling you that. The LiVEwiRe Show might have some pretty interesting episodes if you don't mind seing a few rude gestures and a hearing a slew of artfully constructed bouts of swearing! Ok... alot of rude gestures...lol.
Tammy - Hi! Thanks for stopping by! Check out your local WalMart for the shirt; perhaps we can start a trend!
AbNorMal - Thanks so much! You know, I put the sidebar tally there so that I kind of had something to live up to, not just a number in my head - it's a big help for me. For all that you've been accomplishing lately, I have no doubt that you can do absolutely anything you want sweetie!
Carpy - You're right; that was a sort of balance for me enduring the 'shopping' portion of it all! Yeah, that expression stayed most likely until I went to bed around 6am, I was really in shock! And thank you. ;)
Stacy - Sizes are funny that way; always seem to go the way you don't want them to! But you're such a cute little thang, I'm sure you look fabulous!!! Get thee to WalMart and get a shirt like that... we'll all start a club...lol.
Quick - go out and buy a lottery ticket!
good for you. maybe you will get into this shopping thing. Its nice to fit into a size smaller. That happend to me last year. I was feeling so good about myself. Now im back to my normal self. Cant wait for the blog on the Livewire show at work. You go girl bitch slap her.
Annoying the world... one person at a time? Sound like a good plan to me!
If we get together, we can do it in half the time. Sigh... so little time and so much to do! :)
We're actually really simple creatures to please, aren't we? Now tell us - was that t-shirt custom made for you or what?!
btw Does anyone know why there is a little wheelchair sign next to the word verification now? Is blogger trying to tell me something?
Good for you! Hold on to this feeling.
Kyknoord - I can do that; what's your fee for the suggestion if I win?
Whatalotoffun - I suppose shopping isn't terrible, it's all the people associated with it. =) And after last night, bitch slapping is definitely an option! Ooh, I'll go check out the tag!
Chitty - Hey, together we could do it in half the time! But then again, we could take our time and torment them all! Shall we?
Terri - When I was trying on my jeans I heard the one sales associate read it to the other and I screamed out of the fitting room..."I want that!!!" Hmm, as far as the wheelchair, I didn't notice it til you said something. Maybe if you click on it it gives you assistance with those mile long verifs!!!
Jay - Thanks m'dear, I'm trying. After all, it's only a matter of time before something else not covered under my warranty goes. =)
Sappho - Thanks, and I might just take you up on that! =)
Post a Comment