Monday, November 13, 2006

A kiss 24 years in the making...

Or maybe 23, either way.

Flash back to 1982 when a young LiVEwiRe meets a nice young boy named Matt. She is in the seventh grade in a new school and is completely taken with this boy. Throughout school, paths cross but nothing really happens. Jump to about six or seven years ago when we meet up again after not seeing each other for 10 years. Hugs, a kiss on the cheek, and several conversations but nothing more.

Until Saturday night. Twenty four years it took for those kisses to become real. Yeah, it's a bit surreal. But they were very, very real.

I would very much like a repeat of that moment. It took 24 years, but in a way, it was worth it.

17 comments:

LiVEwiRe said...

Annelynn - Thanks for the warm welcome back! More kisses? Well, I think there may be, but as per usual, there's a bit of complexity to it all. Ah, when isn't there? ;)

John Holland said...

Just remember life is always complex, but go for what you want. You deserve a lot more kisses, so go for it and don't worry too much about the complexities.

Ben O. said...

Sounds very interesting . . . do tell.

Ben O.

Anonymous said...

I have a huge smile on my face. Storybook stuff you got there.

LiVEwiRe said...

John - I'm trying to not worry about the complexities - who knows what will happen?!

Ben - Wait, I thought I wasn't supposed to kiss and tell. Hmm, maybe that's just in certain circumstances? ;)

Jason - I made you smile? Wonderful! And it is sort of storybook stuff, innit?

Beelze - Mwah! You can call me 'tart' all you want, flattery will get you, uh, wait, let me think on that... And wait a minute, I thought the Eisenhower excitement ended up being a false alarm! ;) I've gotta get over to visit you.

Anonymous said...

I hope there will be many more repeats of this moment.
This story is begging for a "Happily ever after".
Matt and Livewire sitting in a tree... he he.

kitty said...

awww real kisses!! and you weren't even playing spin the bottle?
hehehe I could totally see you playing spin the bottle!!

next step - 7 minutes in heaven... don't you let that boy take advantage of you now!

no wait - DO let him!! we want to hear all about it!!

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

wow what a story! Hope that kiss was worth waiting 24years for!!!!

LiVEwiRe said...

Chitty - Haha; leave it to you to think of singing that little rhyme! Yeah, a happy ending would be nice but I guess I'd be impressed with a 'he's not unemployed, running from the law, or working on sexual identity issues' type of ending. ;)

Kitty - Nope, in all my years on this planet I've never played that game. Kisses without the obligation of a game... even better! And I just might take advantage first...lol.

NMOTB - You know, to be honest, I'm not sure if it was or wasn't because I was kind of in shock!

Terri said...

Oooh I love hearing about kisses Yay you!

{yes somewhere deep inside lurks a hopeless romantic..!}

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Just saying hi - HI! Enjoy yr weekend! Done any kissing lately? heheheheheh

LiVEwiRe said...

Terri - Yeah, yay me. And I have the same thing lurking inside me, too, it just has lots of other stuff to battle in there...lol.

NMOTB - You have a great weekend, too! No more kissing lately - too busy working. ;)

LiVEwiRe said...

Luke - Ok, you caught me; I'd rather be working on the next chance for a kiss instead of working at my job but at least this one has a guaranteed payout in the form of a check. ;)

jarvenpa said...

Oho! I come back from lots of busyness and bears and all and find out you have been up to all sorts of things.

I'm delighted. The best things in life are worth waiting for--though, um, 24 years is a longish time, don't you think?

LiVEwiRe said...

Heidi - Hey, that's right... you've got a Matt. Perhaps someday we 'll start a little club. ;)

Jarvenpa - Uh, yeah, the 24 years part is a tad excessive - even in my book! =)

anne said...

I miss an entry and that's when you've been getting to all sorts of yay-you business...?! Yay you! :)

LiVEwiRe said...

Anne - I am a bit sneaky like that.