Just to follow through, my gram is home and doing well. Apparently it was bleeding ulcers or something of the sort; the test results aren't back yet but she feels better. Thanks for all the good thoughts.
As far as I'm concerned, it's been an interesting couple of days. I've had some up, some downs, and a whole lot of twisty, sideways sorts of maneuvers. It never can be easy with me, can it? There's a couple things in the works but I'd prefer to keep my mouth shut until I know more.
So tonight, completely out of left field, I get an unexpected compliment. From someone I don't even know. Well, I was introduced when I first started but to be honest, I never bothered to remember his name (or many others for that matter) because I was sure I'd be gone by now. Anyway, we say hi when shifts change, but that's about it. So I'm kind of hanging out talking to the odd boy and another pharmacist when this guy gets there. Eventually he just looks at me and asks me when I'm going to change and work his shift. I sort of chuckled and let it go. Then he proceeds to tell me (and the two pharms) how he was assigned to check my work one day and at first he was dreading checking 'the new girl's' work figuring there would be a fair amount of mistakes. Makes sense to me. Turns out, as he so proudly told the other pharms, I didn't have a single error and had done it perfectly. I assured him I'm not always error-free but he insisted how impressed he was. When I went in the IV room before leaving, he asked me again - he's serious about this! He said he needs someone good like me, someone that knows what they're doing. Wow. Now for the really weird part. Before I left I looked at his name tag and this is the pharmacist that some of the techs were really having a problem with. They say he's bossy, bullies people, never says anything nice, and tries to intimidate people. Well, I have nothing to go on so I can't agree nor can I defend him. All I can say is that I'm glad I made a positive impression on him. And I didn't specifically set out to do so.
Now, if I can only find a way to do that with the odd boy, make a positive impression, I mean. Not sure how to accomplish that when I actually get a bit nervous around him. Oh well. *sigh*
I'm still not feeling comfortable where I am. Numerous reasons come to mind. I'm just not ready to give up on it all yet, although sometimes that is precisely what I feel like doing. When all is said and done, I think I'll try to stick it out at least through the holidays, possibly out of sheer spite or a stubborn streak the size of the Atlantic seaboard. Of course, next week I should find out what my preliminary six week review tells me. That might have alot to do with the way I proceed. I don't know what it is here but it's not a good fit in a very peculiar way. Usually, I go in, no matter where it is, and the fit is fine. This is like trying to run a car on turnip juice. But if I deem it a worthy cause, I am just stubborn enough to make that turnip juice work. I guess I just have to decide.
Time to get some sleep. I bet even the leeches are all snug in their beds... although, I feel a bit guilty; I never said 'bye' to them tonight. No, seriously, it's things like this that keep me up night...
10 comments:
I'm glad your Gram is feeling better!!!
bleeding ulcers don't sound like very much fun!! every once in a while I feel like I might be working on one myself haaaa
but so far 'ulcer' is one of the few things I haven't had the misfortune of being able to check off my list of stress related ailments haaaa
Aah, there's just no substitute for sheer brilliance - enjoy the compliment :)
So have you ever actually made a car run on turnip juice?
hey lw, hope all is going well.
Kitty - No ulcer on ye olde health checklist?! Now what fun is that?! Then perhaps in that sense you can live through me; I had them but Prevacid keeps it under control. Besides, it's more fun to give ulcers, right?
Annelynn - Thanks, she's enjoying being back home and I'll be with her this weekend. Yeah, the 'accidental impressing' of this guy was kind of good. Definitely a nice surprise. As far as 'ear beards', what a term! =) (And Moey thanks you!)
Terri - I'll strive for brilliance, I'm just glad to be able to muddle my way to 'not a complete idiot' sometimes...lol. Oh, I'm buying turnips this weekend, I'll let you know how it goes.
Rose - Hi doll! Missed you, hope things are going well! I'll be by again soon, promise. xoxo
well actually I can't really be sure... I do have quite a bit of burning stomach pain (as if I swallwed a flaming dough ball or something)
they think I might have GERD and that it might be what's been causing my breathing problems - I just started taking nexium so we'll see
to tell ya the truth I'd almost rather just get used to the breathing problems than be stuck on ANOTHER daily medication!!
but when they told me that gerd causes breathing problems by sending stomach acid up to burn your lungs I thought I'd better not mess around haaaa
Kitty - Oh man, sounds like GERD! (Love the 'flaming dough ball!) That's been my issue for many years; started with the ulcer but once that was 'fixed' the GERD was diagnosed. For me, Prevacid helps immensely. IF Nexium doesn't work for you, try another PPI (proton pump inhibitor, as it is classified) because you might react to one differently than another. Once you get relief, if you ever relapse, you'll wonder how you lived without that daily med for so long. For what it's worth, after a number of years, I'm able to take my Prevacid every two or three days and it keeps everything in check. Your breathing issues will most likely improve - let me know how it goes!
Glad to hear that your Gram is doing better! It is always such a worry when someone close to you falls ill!
Good to hear she's feeling better. I had a mild shock on Saturday when I got a text message from my wife that started, 'Molly (my daughter) is fine but she has just been knocked down by a car...' Scary stuff but, apart from the shock of it all, she's fine even though, apparently, it was a bit like a film where she rolled over the bonnet, up the windscreen, down over the bonnet again and fell on to the road.
First of all, I bet hat felt really good :) to have given sucha good impression to someone that is suppoosed to eb soo picky :) Yeay to liveWire :D
Secondly. . ah well, the odd boy. All I can say is I wish u the best :) You deserve the good impression on the odd boy even more than the good impression on the bossy tech ;)
As for not fitting. sigh, I symapthize lady. i wish i could get there where i think i'd fit better. . .
Last but not least: give abig kiss on the cheeks to the granny :) I wish I coudl do that for my grandma. Or at the very least see her some time soon
NMOTB - Thanks so much, and you're right, it's rather taxing. Once they return to health, it is such a relief!
Nomad - Thanks! But, you've got to be kidding me... um, that has to be one of the craziest text messages! Definitely glad she's alright, you must've been so worried when you first read that. Now that she has experience, she could always consider a career as a stunt double. ;) Glad she's ok.
Tigress - Yeah, I was kind of happy, especially because he's apparently one tough audience! Who knows about odd boy, he's just so silly and I like that. Sometimes I think the world is filled with people that 'don't fit' and by not fitting, that makes a pattern all it's own. One that works in a weird way. Meh, then I think we're all just weird, period. ;) Thanks for the kisses on the cheek for gram, I'll be sure to pass them on next time I see her (yes, really). I think your gram would be happy knowing you were thinking about her.
Post a Comment