Sunday, November 05, 2006

Close my eyes, I become the sky

I'm still working on getting around to all the blogs I usually read. I haven't been able to comment everywhere but I'm still making rounds. I'm just saying that it's really great to be back to something that I find so normal.

In other news, it's not looking good. I'm still trying to come to terms with things and figure out what will be a wise 'next step'. You'll know soon after I do. I tell you all things before I tell the non-blogging people in my life. There are so many things that are all twisted now but for some reason I'm dealing with it better than I thought. Don't get me wrong, I'm hovering between being pissed off and let down (among other things) but for the most part, I'm dealing with it in a matter of fact way. Kind of like... Yes, it's a matter of fact that this blows, guess another decicion has to be made. Joy. I never said I was all sweet about it; who would I be without just a dash of bitterness, eh?

Be happy for me... I should only have one more week of having to get up at 4am as training will be over and I'll be an official employee. Well, at least until I give them my notice. Ahem. Yeah, this 4am thing is some form of torture, I'll tell you! It was only a month ago that I was going to bed at that time!

A nice bonus during this very weird time is that there is a boy at work (ok, so he's like, a 27 year old pharmacist, not so much a boy) that has eyes that literally captivate me... soon he'll be thinking I'm a stalker or something but I really can't help it; I catch a glimpse and can't break away. I can't really explain it but it's like comfort in a glance. I'd have to say that's the best part of my days. Oh...
and maybe the discovery of the leeches...

Hope all is well, I'll be back soon! ;)

12 comments:

John Holland said...

Glad things are getting...I hate to say normal, but maybe closer to normal. I'm sure you'll make the right decision. It's tough to decide who to go with, that's probably why I end up sticking with the same job for so long, I'm afraid to take the risk and go somewhere else. It's good to be brave enough to take that risk. And I am confident in you that you will make it work.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you'll have to apply for a post at the eye see you.

kitty said...

ugh!! I've been getting up at 4am most days lately - but since I've been falling asleep by 7 I guess I'm still getting a decent number of hours!! haaa

I think it's the change of seasons... either that or I'm dying

anyway I'm glad you're back!! I hope things smooth out soon =)

Anonymous said...

Being attracted to someone's eyes is the best.

Anonymous said...

Decisions are always tough to make. Go with your gut... you know what is best for you.
Will it help if I "keep an eye out" for you?

Tigress said...

LOL!
And yet through the 4am wake-ups and the incongruencies of life, there is always a pair of captivatign eyes.
Sister, U ar one wonder-woman :)
Good luck for everything. . .

anne said...

Eyes notwithstanding, are you planning on taking any vacation time to recover from all this decision making, early waking, furniture dragging and other house moving?

LiVEwiRe said...

John - Thing is, I did make a decision - just turns out that it might be a shitty one. Risks suck, but we all have to take them and make choices at some point or another. Blech.

Kyknoord - The Eye See You? How on earth did make it so long without you when my internet wasn't hooked up?!?! You're a gem.

Kitty - Seven pm?!?! Oh man, you're worse off than I am!!! Wait, no, you're getting sleep, I'm not. Damn. Methinks our schedules are all screwed up.

Jason - Indeed. With him, it's like I have no choice. And I know little about him; it's just those eyes. Weird.

Chitster - Yeah, I went with my gut - and dislike the results. However, who is to say that the other choice would have been better? It may have been ten times worse. (Yeah, keep an 'eye' out for me!) ~Lucy

Tigress - Oh yes, his eyes make the 4am part all worth it! Well, ok, almost all worth it. I should send him off to you so you can experience this. =)

Anne - Me? Vacation? Uh, yeah, I'll get back to you on that when I get done laughing hysterically over that consideration. (Read: nope!)

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Sounds like you need a vacation - lol! Jeepers I am so not a morning person and would never be able to get up at 4am, even if my life depended on it!!!!! I am gonna link you!

Reluctant Nomad said...

You seem to be getting 'there'. Good stuff!

And, having some good eye-candy to take your mind off things has to be good therapy of some sort. :-)

Terri said...

Leeches suck.
haha! Kidding!
Yes I know, they're your friends. Have you started taking them to lunch with you yet?
Sorry, it's late, I'm tired and therefore completely incapable of .... thought. Sorry, couldn't find the word I was looking for there.
I'll be back with coherent (!) thoughts soon.

LiVEwiRe said...

NMOTB - Yep, I need a vacation from getting up so early, that's for sure! Thanks for the link, that's really sweet!

Nomad - This 'getting there' stuff can sure test nerves, you know? They eye candy; yeah... can't complain there. *yowza!*

Terri - You know I love the leeches! =) No, I haven't taken them to lunch yet but I came close to doing it today; I had the fridge door open and I was talking to them. Uh, they aren't the best conversationalists. Late? Tired? Go get some sleep and some caffeine and I'll be back with a post tomorrow.