Public service announcement.
People suck. They mislead and lie. Well, in fairness we all do that to some extent. But I'm not talking about the normal kind that may save a friend's feelings or that sort of thing. I'm talking about the shady, slimy, manipulative kind of lies and style of misleading that can get your ass slapped with a slander lawsuit.
I've never sued anybody nor do I wish to, but let me tell you here and now that I won't let this go on. I've formally filed a complaint (to which they appear stunned outwardly yet their catty remarks make it back to me via a very long grapevine) in the most calm manner possible. After all, I don't want to appear to be the crazy one, and in this case, I'm not. I think I did well actually. Hopefully after a bit of bitching, The Coven will have this out of their system and things will die down. If not, the gloves are off.
Few people know this about me but the ones that do probably wish that they didn't. Don't start with me, not on something like this. I will dig in so deep and in so many ways you more than likely won't be able to comprehend how one person could be so tenacious. Think I'm kidding? Try me. I refuse to let someone's indifferent lack of morals destroy my personal integrity.
When people tell you that this is your boss, parent, doctor, therapist, good friend, etc, you don't have to take everything they tell you. It is not a requirement to believe every steaming pile of shit they try to feed you. Think for yourself. You know what is and isn't right 99% of the time. Don't hold them in higher regard than you do yourself; a title means nothing when it comes to what is right. It doesn't make them better than you.
Never let anyone else dictate how others see you. Never.
7 comments:
Hmmm. Not sure what to say here, but that I hope things end well.
You have a coven at work? Ha ha!
I feel the same why about people telling me what to do or how things should be done. I will listen (out of coutertesy) to what they say, but I also reserve the right to make up my own mind and reject what is dictated.
Aoha!
Well it certainly has been awhile, hope you've been well, I'll catch up on what I've missed at some point when I get t'internet, which will be when the cable to my house isn't under repair...grrrrsfnsnc.
Anyhoo BOO!
Take care
A leaf on the wind
That is correct.
And they should have known better.
Anne - I think they will end alright. I don't think they planned on me being as vocal as I was and that surprised them. They'll try to get some stabs in but it won't matter - they are the ones that have a formal complaint against them and they know they can't push too far.
Chitster - Oh yeah, that's my affectionate term for the female management at the former place of employment. I'm glad you think for yourself, too many people forget how to these days.
Motor - I was just thinking of you yesterday!!!! Really! Interesting timing. I'm just getting back to blogging and have yet to make it to all the blogs I like. Hope all is well - get that internet already, will you?!?! ;)
Terri - Yet humans are dumb. All of us, I mean. It's a fundamental flaw - for as smart as we are, well, you see where that's going. I'm just the kind of gal that won't back down to be walked on, that's all. Apparently they mistook me for a doormat at some point. Silly them!
You have hit the nail spot on!!! I agree with you, too many times people are intimmidated by the ones that have "the title". Stand up for yourself say what you want to and don't stand for any bullshit! Well put Livewire!
NMOTB - It may be up to us to remind others of this from time to time! ;)
Luke - Well, I am a stubborn one... =)
Post a Comment