Saturday, July 15, 2006

I'll just blame it on the heat

Or Mercury being in retrograde. Poor Mercury gets such a bad rap being blamed for everything but hey, someone has to be the fallguy, right?

Lately, things have been a real struggle; I feel like I'm just endlessly spawning. Don't get me wrong, nothing has been really horrendous, it's just that even the most simple things are noticeably, well, noticeable. You know, like when you attempt the simplest task and it turns into some comedy of errors? Just about everything is like that. Worst part? It's draining and time comsuming. Best part? It's funny in a slightly twisted kind of way. Meh, just mentioning it, that's all. I'm taking it in stride for the most part.

It's hot here. Not so much hot as disgustingly humid. I'm breaking a sweat just typing this. Blech. Adding insult to injury, I have to go clothes shopping tomorrow... have to. The thought of that usually bothers me but in this case, I'm only focusing on the cool air-conditioned comfort of the department stores. Hell, I may stay there all day. Speaking of hell, if it's hot there (as rumor has it), that's doable; if it's humid too - I'd better change my wicked ways. I don't think I could deal with an eternity of humidity.

Hey, here's something fun - I got a call from a friend I haven't seen in about 2.5 years (although we write and email, etc.) and she is coming into town tonight. Wow, I actually have plans for once. I'm just really excited to see her! She's one of those people that you can just sit and laugh with, even over things that you shouldn't be laughing at! =)

Annnnd... since I haven't done it in a while, I'm including a link. A certain Blogger (no names mentioned, FM) turned me on to this song a little while back and I've just had it cranked all day. It's rather gritty, grindy and raunchy sounding in a Brit kind of way; excellent if you ask me. But since you haven't asked me, I thought I'd offer my commentary anyway. So, go here and listen to Supermassive Black Hole.

Gotta go for now but I'll be around visiting tomorrow!

8 comments:

jarvenpa said...

I think these are just universally tough times, dear. Hope you have a great time with your friend! (and you can tell us all about what clothes you buy too, later...it has been years since I even saw the outside of a department store, but as I recall it, no matter how sort of okay I thought I looked when I left home, by the time I stood in front of a mirror in some curtained cubicle trying on--anything--I wondered that I was permitted to remain in the human race. Something about the lighting. At least I hope that's what it was!

anne said...

Excellent song. But then, we didn't really expect bad taste, now, did we...
I reckon hell is other people... in a department store on a Saturday. So how did it go...? :)

Meadow said...

Humidity in hell ... lol It may be burning up but you've got your sense of humor. :)

Terri said...

mwahaha!!! We'll turn you into a shopper yet :D
I did the big Retail Therapy thing over the weekend too and it felt great!!
What'd ya buy?
And SNAP! I also had a good friend come visit and not only that but it was hot here too (genuinely hot, not Irish hot, that is).
So I hope you enjoyed ur weekend as much as I enjoyed mine.
xxx

LiVEwiRe said...

Jarvenpa - Universally tough but with my stubbornness I'm determined to make it through, even if semi-wilted from the heat. Funny thing about department store lighting... I try things on (well, sometimes) and determine I look decent. When I get home and try the clothes on again, I learn that in the bag, on the drive home, they have morphed into something resembling a cross between a potato sack and Madonna circa 1986... not a pretty picture.

Anne - I got the CD while I was out shopping and it sounds really good loud... or so the neighbors tell me. ;) You're right; hell is other people in a department store on a weekend - throw in a few screaming kids and Dante can add another level.

Renee - Sense of humor... heat exhaustion; it so close...lol. Still not ready to give up all my wicked ways, though.

Terri - Hey, we had parallel weekends! I'm guessing everyone up there is beside themselves over the heat. You're probably thinking 'you call this hot'?! Post to follow about the shopping excursion... there's one little thing I tried on that was so damn cute it made me giggle but I want to see if I can find a pic of it.

deryke said...

my new favorite canadian band:

http://www.myspace.com/metricband

ChittyChittyBangBang! said...

Count yourself lucky... it is f-r-e-e-z-i-n-g cold down here. I'd opt for hot weather and humidity anytime.
As for department stores... my biggest fear is walking into someone or falling over while walking. Yeah... I am the clumsy one.

LiVEwiRe said...

Deryke - Yes, I've heard them and like their sound! FYI: you can stream in fm96.com out of London Ontario for a good fix of Canadian music anytime.

Chitty - Ok, I think 'freezing' may be relative here you wimp...lol. Yeah, you're the one who bangs into poles at the bottom of escalators, aren't you? ;) Not to worry, 'clumsy' adds to your charm.