It's true what they say...
You can never go back.
But in a sense, we all go back to something at some point in our lives. Even when we believe we are going forward; things change. We change.
I'm coming to some realizations and not sure what to do with it all. There's crunching in the gears once again. The wheels are turning, I just don't know where they'll take me.
18 comments:
To infinity and beyond...!
And it will be fantastic...!
Or else...!
:)
It's true. We probably can't go back. But some places sure come close.
Could you be any more enigmatic? {{said in my best "Chandler from Friends" voice}}
My brain is fried - you'll have to spell this one out for me. Where exactly are you going back to and do you now have a gearbox problem as well as a lethal gas leak in Chez Camry?
I suppose the trick is to see if all the wheels are turning in the same direction. That usually gives you an indication. If not...
It seems like your life at this point is like a whirlwind. Things haven't worked out the way that you hoped they would and now maybe you are wondering if you should pack it all up and move back home?
I moved far away from home for six months before I realized that where I was wasn't where I wanted to be. So I moved back home. I hope you find out where you want to be.
... but you always visit!
It is ok to go back, I suppose, if it means that you also move forward in the process.
Hopefully, they'll take you exactly where you want to go.
And who knows? Even if it's not EXACTLY where you want to go, there's bound to be a few adventures along the way...;)
Anne - 'Or else'... that definitely has a nice ring to it! ;)
Jason - They do come close, and sometimes 'close' is all we can really get.
Terri - Lol... nice 'Chandler'!! It's pretty much referring to me coming back to what I considered my home and finding ghosts at every turn instead of the comfort I thought I'd find. Now, what to do about it? The problem with the gears are mainly the ones in my head but Chez Camry is also in need of engine mounts unless I want to be dragging the engine along, which, although I'm not a mechanic, I can't see that as being a good thing!
Kyknoord - My wheels? Same direction?! Are you new here or somthing???...lol!
Anduin - Bingo! And when I recall that I left Ohio for this, as it seemed my best choice, it makes me wonder if 'going back' yet again is wise. Sounds like you've been there before. I've got some time to sort things out, and something tells me I'm going to need all the time I can get.
Chitty - Oh, that's very wise; visits may be the best of it. In my attempt to move forward, I've caught myself between two different time periods and it's all very confusing. Maybe I'll come live with you! ;)
Stacy - I'm crossing my fingers! And trying to remind myself that it's all a learning experience. =)
"Here there be monsters..." indeed - you know , i never noticed that :)
as for the coming back around - i belive that's the only way you ever understand anything - that when you do, it's not the thing itself that changed, but you and so in that way you never go back - it's not back it's always forward - like a spiral
understanding is the path,
the spiral is the method
so livewire, i was sort of in a hurry when i commented earlier and only got about half my point out -
i now have the spiral tatooed on my arm because there are times that when you come back around to things and the things themselves have changed, forcing you, not to discover a thing or a place again and again, but yourself (this is not an easy thing and is often painful, but often an important tearing of identity)
we're here for you m'dear
I say three things.
"You can go anywhere you want."
"Change is a good thing"
"This chips taste stale"
Mysfit - I've had that little line on there for a while, but it says quite a bit, sdon't you think? =) What you say about the spiral makes sense; I think that's some of what I'm discovering now. I can see why you chose that for a tattoo. I've contemplated getting a Phoenix, which kind of explains itself. Sometimes we need reminders of these lessons to be learned. Thanks so much for sharing the spiral comcept with me, I think it will help.
Heidi - I welcome people to come along for the ride! The input is truly invaluable. Thanks for the support!
Bean - Thank you for reminding me of the first two; sometimes I forget to see that. As for the third, stale chips suck! =)
there's another saying something about "... the more that changes the more that stays the same..." its a bit off subject from you saying but right now i feel kind of stuck in the middle of the two.
I cant go back yet i keep finding myself in the same place, and no matter what i try the outcome always seems the same.
but i think i heard once that is physically impossible to stand in the same place twice and even if the result is the same the way you came to it might be different.
but what do I know :/
Beelze - You know, for a while I was hoping to secure a position on this so-called 'They' Panel. 'They' seem to know alot about everything yet cannot supply anything concrete. Say, you think they're Republicans?!
Spyder - Actually, in my case, that saying ties in really quite well. Some people have a theory that you will repeat a scenario or path repeatedly until you either learn what needs to be learned or 'get it right'. Maybe both of us are taking the scenic route? =)
You can come live with me.... but then there is REALLY no going back.
Chitty - Ok and ok...lol. Then again you may just put a stamp on my head and send me back willingly! ;)
Ah yes. There was this time when I had my Bach flower remedy done (new agey thing, friend offered, I wouldn't hurt her feelings). I was all waiting for the remedy that would show me I was So Special and Wonderful.
She gave me Chestnut bud. I asked...why?
She told me a story about this kid who tried to learn to ride a bike by falling off mountains with it, getting up, falling again. After a couple broken bones he did learn to ride the bike.
My friend said this true story was like my life. Chestnut Bud is for those who take a long time to learn from their experiences, and repeat them. And repeat them. And...
You get the idea.
Enjoyed your answers to the meme above, too. Salsa. Yum.
Jarvenpa - Years ago I took the Bach 'Rescue Remedy'. Sounds to me like I may be a candidate for Chestnut Bud as well. I felt like I should have been lining up the cute little bottles and doing shots. Anyway, that was a true story about the kid? There are more like us out there then. ;) Did you ever use it? If I remember, I'll try to find the link to the salsa recipe I posted and send it to you. At least I think I posted it...
Post a Comment