Point is I have a few bullets that need to fly today and although some of these things will be 'gotten' by some people, other items will just draw a blank stare, the sound of crickets and eventual hushed mutterings from the crowd. Yeah, uh, note the look of concern on my face. I'm almost shaking in fear that you'll never like me again. Pfft. Riiight.
- I hate Quentin Tarantino. Shall I say it again just to taunt you into disbelief? Lalalala... I hate Quentin (skipping in circles). Pulp Fiction was an utter waste of two hours of my life, with exception of a few lines. I also think Kill Bill blows. Again, barring a few details. I do not like his vision or whatever you want to call it. He also has a look about him - like perhaps he's missing a chromosome or something. I think I feel that way because he's just been touted as this master and I disagree. I am often mocked for my view on this. On really harsh days, people throw small stones at me as well.
- I do not now, nor have I ever seen one pretty thing about Paris Hilton. If I were up the family chain of command I'd falsify records showing that she was one of those unfortunate crack babies and they simply adopted her as an infant. Truth be told, we have all seen her crack on more than one occasion. The look on her face never changes. It screams 'I've just been hit in the head with a two-by-four, is that hot?' I am in no way jealous, I just don't get the 'Paris hype'.
- Reality TV is a piece of shit. Collectively. A collective piece of shit, if you will. I've seen so very little of it and someone made that comment that Survivor was in it's, like, skabillionth season or something. What in the hell is wrong with you people? Take two brain cells, rub them together and you just may get a spark. Go read a fucking book for Christ's sake! I limit my reality TV to making fun of the American Idol 'hopefuls' in the first few audition episodes. I laugh at them and Simon's response til I have tears in my eyes. It automatically makes me feel better about myself not being so delusional. That being said, man these people have hella balls!
- Although a fan of beer, Microbrews are often nasty and I don't even pretend to like them. I've been in a brewery and actually asked the bartender for a 'regular' beer. He explained all the lovely brews they had and I said something along the lines of "Thanks for the time, but I want one that isn't bitter and doesn't suck." Yeah, that goes over well in a brewery. I refuse to give in just to do what the cool kids do. The cool kids can bite my ass while they are down there kissing everyone else's.
- Speaking of kids. I do not find drooly, sticky little children adorable. I find it gross and I want to gag. Don't expect me to see the same 'little angel' as you do. I see slobber, dirt, germs, noise and irritation. Yes, if I have kids (sign them up for therapy now) I may see things differently. Until then...
- Never thought Seinfeld was funny. I mean Jerry Seinfeld. Elaine and Kramer were amusing, but Seinfeld was a dud. I assume he still is. I think I pretended to like it for exactly two episodes. My roomies and I had friends over to watch said 'new' show. Week number three had me staying in my room. I have a co-worker that to this day (after 2.5 years) will still refer to Seinfeld episodes and compare our current circumstances. I walk away. He's a dolt when it comes to that. And a damn slow learner.
- I like Disco; I like Funk. Don't even try to fuck with me on this one. And I'll have you know that my current psychiatrist has various BeeGees memorabilia around his office, including a mint condition Stayin' Alive album. He even has pictures of him with the brothers Gibb. When he nods his head I'm not sure if he's thinking of my medication or...Oh, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man, no time to talk...
I'm just so tired of hearing "I can't believe you don't/do like______; what's wrong with you?!" I'll certainly still hear that but I just don't care much. Remember the story The Emperor's New Clothes from when you were a child? (Or perhaps last week if you are a slow reader...) Yep - I'm the one pointing saying "Uh, guys - the dude's nude!" Often I don't match with the popular consensus. That bothered me a long time ago but as I got more confident that my views were perfectly fine, albeit different, I made alot of changes and astonishing progress in coming to terms with what makes me tick. Who knows, I might even come up with a few more to add to that.
While you're here, if you haven't had the chance to click on my new profile pic, please do it. View it full size so you can read the caption - it is such an accurate representation of me, like, 80% of the time. And even though it may not seem like it sometimes, I really am nice. Come closer... =)
24 comments:
Good for you for knowing what you do and don't like and being open about it.
see? i'm coming closer. lovely things are better examined up close.
this post rocks because:
1. the lalalalala skipping. i have never seen the quentin movies; they don't interest me. i never like anything anyone else does. i thought the book THE NOTEBOOK was lame and horribly written. however the movie was romantic and charming.
1a. paris.
2. the MINT stayin alive album at the therapy appointment! ROCK ON! i love funk and disco. (doing travolta fingerpoint dance)
3.the sticky germy kids. hahahahaha. sticky germy anyone, for me, is a problem.
Reaction? I liked Pulp Fiction, just because Travolta is so fekkin' cool ... I don't understand why the skanky little whore is famous ... reality TV really is shit ... I like some microbrews, but for the taste, not because I think it's cool (as I'm sipping a Molson) ... drooly sticky germy kids = white trash parents ... LOVE Seinfeld - everything can be referenced to an episode ... did you see Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon doing Robin and Barry Gibb on SNL a couple of times? VERY funny ...
and I love the profile graphic. it suits you!
Jenn See - I think I recall you commenting on him before. You do truly have an interest, some just go with it to be oh-so-cool. Using the word hepcat proves that you are cool. =)
Goddess - It can all change by next week, but for now I'm convinced this is an accurate portrayal.
Transience - And you weren't even scared? You are a sweet, brave soul.
Rose - Somehow I can imagine you doing the exact same skipping! I'm waiting to walk in to my next appt and have him sitting there in a white polyester suit doing the finger point! =)
Ferny - Again, as with Jenn, you have a reason for liking it, not just jumping on the bandwagon. I wish I would have seen those episodes of SNL! I would have been rolling on the floor!
Sappho - I'm counting on it! =)
1. When I see Quentin on TV, I often wish for something to throw at him. Only I wish I could do it in person, and not wreck my TV in the process. I hate him. I hate Kill Bill. But mostly I hate that man, for being SO DAMNED ANNOYING and SO LACKING OF A CHROMISOME.
2. Paris sucks. Period. Good thing she's far too vain to ever procreate.
3. I really didn't mean to imply that because you didn't want kids, you're vain. I'm with you on the sticky-germy thing. Ugh.
4. I hate micro-brews. I'm also the girl asking for a Miller Lite when she's dragged to a 'trendy microbrew place'.
5. I like Seinfeld, but not the man. The show was amusing - but mostly only for the time that it was running. And anyone bringing it up now to amusingly compare situations to needs a little help.
6. Rock on with your funky disco self.
I'm the one that always is wondering why people think something is cool. I hate being part of the pack. You already know what I think of Seinfield. Of Tarnito I liked Jackie Brown the most of all his movies, cause of the main male lead, I can't remember his name right now. He proved to be a very moral man in an immoral world, something you don't see in a Tarrinto movie. I like kids when they belong to someone else, so I don't have to deal with them. Paris doesn't do a lot for me, I never thought she was that pretty and she is the most self asbored person in the world. And I hate reality shows. Most of them are just mean spirted and try to show people at their worst. I think I'd rather live in my small litle part of the world than with the rest of the people that hop on every new trend or follow the new big thing. Let me find my little musical act, or book and I'm happy.
Oh, forgot to mention I love your new profile pic. Very cool.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who hates Tarantino and his 'masterpieces'.
Paris is about as gorgeous as she is charismatic.
Reality TV can be good for providing a laugh. My belief is that it's a way for the studios to get away with not having to pay for genuine actors/actresses... great way to cut spending!
I have no idea what a Microbrew is. I like a beer on a hot day.
I like kids that belong to other people... that way I can give them to their parents and make sure I'm a long, long way away.
I've never sat through an entire episode of Seinfeld. Not that I can remember, anyway.
LOVE the BeeGees!!!
So there ya go - turns out you're NOT the only one on the planet who feels this way. U wanna start a Anti-Tarantino-And-Paris club? I'll bring the beer.
What? You're saying he was NAKED? I thought his buckle looked a bit strange. What the hell was I smoking?
My biggest irk with Seinfeldt - the sound of his goddam friggin' voice. He speaks and I die instantly! Hence I never watched.
Oh come ON. What thinking being (thinking being the operative word, obviously) really thinks that Paris Hilton is worth the soap in one her granddad's rooms?? Reality TV is the opium of the people. Worse than shit. And I don't even know what Microbrews are.
The rest is open to hour-long talks about pros and cons.
Tarantino - I SO agree. As for his face, there's just something about it...something "off".
Paris Hilton??? I'd rather spend an hour listening to fingernails on a chalkboard than to hear her say "That's hot!" one more time.
Guilty as charged...I'm a Survivor junkie (Hey, there's $180.00 bucks riding on the show for some lucky person here at work...which will hopefully be ME!)
Never had a microbrew....
Kids - Eh, I could take 'em or leave 'em. ;)
Seinfeld - I didn't start watching the show till almost the end of the series but it never was a "MUST-SEE" for me.
I like just about all music...disco, funk...you name it.
Excellent post, Livewire...and LOVE your new profile pic! :)
Sunny - I've never thought of throwing something at QT, maybe I shall. Jury is still out on the kid thing but I detest when people take pics of their kids looking all gross. For shit's sake... wipe that kid's face first! At least I'll be able to identify you as 'the other one' in the brewery...lol. Thanks for stopping by; say hi to Linus! =)
JohnH - Yeah, I know - you are the pres of the Seinfeld fan club...lol. Jackie Brown sounds good, but I don't know if I can get past QT's style. And another thing about reality shows; most of them aren't 'reality'... they have done several 'takes'. You can see if you watch - noticed that a long time ago when it was the new thing to check out. Heehee... well John, I AM a nice person.... =)
FM - You do know how to tempt me, Freddy. Even with Paris as the target, I'm not sure I could tolerate his sense of vision for two whole hours.
Terri - Sounds like we think similarly on some of these important issues! Microbrews are just beer made in small batches at teeny little local breweries that like to offer something 'fancier' locally that is fresh. Thing is, I wouldn't like them anywhere I went. I'm sure someone that likes them can describe them better. I think we might have to start a club... and take FM's idea for our one-year anniversary film celebration! =)
Kyknoord - That would be some interesting buckle! Although, there probably IS a buckle out there like that! =) And whatever you were smoking, not sure but I bet it has some serious restrictions...
Chitty - I hear you! He's kind of whiny and high-pitched... small wonder dogs don't flock to him. I dislike him more than the show as a whole.
Anne - True, 'thinking' being the operative word. And at least with opium, people become relaxed, with reality TV, they get charged up but it still has the same outcome: numb brain. Think I described microbrews up there to Terri. I'm sure someone who likes them in general could do a better job.
Stacy - Hey, if there was $180 riding on a show for the winner, you can figure I'd watch, too! And you have furry kids... those are great! Except I still don't do the 'drooly' thing! Glad you checked out the new pic! =)
Eeeeew babies! Sticky drooly babies are most definitely not cute- I concur. Puppies and kittens however, are adorable..
Hi Live!
I had seen you around at Onkroes, but never visited your blog before.
This is great! I'll be back often =)
I hate pulp violence as entertainment, have blogged on it, also on Paris, the crappy Madonna, Jacko, reality tv and a lot of the rest of our trashy culture, so I wont even go into it, aside from saying "ditto." So glad to find someone who has never thought Seinfeld funny!!! I thought I was the only one =)
And... that BeeGee's main lead's voice is just great for exactly the type of songs they record. No re-recording by other artists are ever better. It's a perfect match of voice style, tone, and feeling to their lyrics and arrangement. It's like the Carpenters, special voice.
Oh, and although I've just seen a bit of how you interact here with people, re your little kids comments, I bet you will make a great mom. ;-)
But! Don't panic... there's time to reach that point of wanting it...
:-D
I don't Tarantino, don't love him neither. Am kind of indifferent. I enjoyed Pulp Fiction, and the Kill Bills were entertaining enough, but nothing special. They are all style and so quite forgetable. Think Resevoir Dogs is one of the most boring films ever.
Paris Hilton? Wouldn't recognise her so can't comment on her.
Reality TV is shite. But just sometimes it is addictive. Mainly the talent shows, and mainly the X factor. I just love that anyone can try out. Doesn't matter about your age. And I love watching the reactions when one person in a group gets advised to come back and try on their own.
I'd like to try "cool" bears, but never have. I stick to my Stella, and my Bud. Well, mostly I stick to my vodka and diet coke, but still...
All kids are cute, but also evil. You can overlook the evilness in children you are responsible for/related to, but in general they should be kept away from the general populace. Unless they are in happy moods.
I never thought Seinfeld (the show) was funny. Never watched more than half an episode though.
I just like music. Most any music, unless it is James Fucking Blunt and that shite "You're Beautiful" crap. Which I, in case you haven't noticed, despise.
Paris Hilton thinks she's funny. But really she's just plain mean to anyone she thinks is not as good as she is, by her definition as rich or as "attractive". I hated seeing her insult hard-working people on her series. For some reason she thinks having money entitles her to trample on everyone else.
Hans - I'm with you... puppies and kittens all the way. And kittens drool even less, so that elevates them even higher. Is it wrong to like animals more than people? =)
Alessandra - Hi there, glad you braved it and stopped by! Nice to see that I'm not the only one to think this way on certain issues. It's strange to me to learn that others can identify as all the people I know just LOVE all this crap. Or have been convinced that they love it... not sure which. I'm still waiting for the day when I go for a psych appointment and he's in white polyester suit, has a disco ball, and an illuminated floor...lol. As far as the comment about kids... I've been told I interact exceptionally well with them (I'm an only child, so it's all foreign). They like me. Go figure.
Fence - I did enjoy the irony of the 'Kaboom' cereal box (that housed the gun) in the scene with Uma and Vivica; but I think that's it - one scene. XFactor is similar to American Idol (I tbelieve) and I do like those first few free-for-all weeks. It's kind like a comedy show in the end. I think most humans should be kept away from the general populace unless they are in good moods. Means I'll be spending quite a bit of time indoors, then.
Chicken Little - She IS just mean. And it's not like she has a reason to elevate herself for a valid reason. She's done nothing special, doesn't have a clue, belittles others, and thinks she's a queen. She's mean then tries to act 'sweet' at times. Ick. Well, between sex tapes, I mean.
What a lousy thing this pop culture is, eh? Though I think it does take a little bit of madness in staying away from the herd. I've heard the same accusations with Dan Brown and Harry Potter. But I don't hate the two-- okay, maybe Brown-- I just don't read 'em. Funk 'em if they can't tell the difference.
Btw, your new profile rocks. But then again, I'm biased. ;-)
Banzai Cat - How's my favorite well-read feline today? Pop culture is a tricky thing because it is so all consuming it's difficult to tell if you like these things or if the saturation has just gotten to you.
As for the profile pic; go ahead and be biased - felines rock! =)
Wow... Great entry. I totally agree on most of your points (especially reality TV and Paris Hilton... you said exactly what I would have if I had the brains to come up with it).
Well done, you made me laugh.
Anon - Thanks. =) Sometimes I just get these build ups of things and eventually it all has to come out. Great to know you enjoyed it.
Post a Comment