Saturday, April 16, 2005

It's a Damn Shame the Sun Don't Shine Underground...

I'd typically not say 'sun don't shine' in that manner but it's a song lyric, so consider this my disclaimer and get over it.

Bunch of little things:

My family is the most sneakily manipulative group of people I've ever known. Damn them. They have this guilt thing down pat! Sometimes they just make me want to go take a shower when I'm done talking to them; kind of cleanse myself of the idiocy. Families are weird.

Work is a madhouse. If you are reading this from a madhouse, get over it. Changes and circles, and equipment breakdowns, and human breakdowns... then I see my schedule has been altered. Here are my shifts at any given time, any day of the week with no pattern whatsoever.... 7a - 3:30p, 8:30a - 5p, and 1:30p - 10p. So if that wasn't enough to get you tangled in your drawers coming and going... I come in to find yet a FOURTH shift of 8a - 12p on my schedule. Um... no. Simple. I promptly took a Klonopin and marched in there and firmly said I didn't agree, never signed up for it and wouldn't do it. Amazingly, it was not a problem and the situation is fixed. Three cheers for facing the problem; even if while drugged slightly!

My cat brought me a mouse and brought it to me bedside the other morning at 6:30a. She's not exactly a mouser and just let it mill about 1/2 in shock. Right... so I grabbed a sock (poor little thing) because I was not about to risk being mauled (ahem) and infected with the Hanta Virus (soooo prominent in Ohio). So the sock was closest and I wrapped it up in there like a little mousey-burrito and tried to get dressed (with one hand) enough to walk to the patio to let it go while not squeezing the remaining life out of it. My x-ray vision doesn't work that early, so I could not confirm any internal injuries. I pet it and touched it's little feet, it squeaked; good enough for me. Cute little bugger... just not in my bedroom, if you please.

Weather is gradually warming up and 95% of the visible ice and snow on Lake Erie has melted! [enter backflip here] Today was warm and sunny and I had my windows down in the car with the music blasting - singing, of course, off key! How wonderful that felt! WooHoo! There is something liberating about that. Unless of course the music is up too loud and you don't hear the sirens of the police officer behind you trying to pull you over. Eh, the police force for the county I work in just dropped from something like 33 to 12 - seriously. I think I'll be safe... they need more revenue than I can provide. Sun makes me so happy. And silly. I love it!

Checked out a few new blogs lately, really enjoying seeing what these people are about. Or at least enjoying it for what it's worth. I'm always grateful for the time people take to maintain their blogs. No matter the topic, it still gives me an idea of a new person and things that may be totally foreign to me. Then there's the joy of spotting the ones that are like a clone of you...{spooky music}

So I'm off to read my book, which is just a trip, by the way... hopefully I'll put it down of my own accord tonight instead of waking up with part of a page plastered to my cornea. We'll see.

4 comments:

arthur decko said...

gotta watch out for the mice, they are dangerous when wounded....the picture in my mind of a book plastered to your cornea causes me to quake with laughter...did you get to the spider part? that is my favorite, when the spider speaks....

LiVEwiRe said...

Ah yes, the damaged cornea dilemma... such fun times, eh? But I'm just too stubborn to relinquish my hold on my book. and that's where it gets me! =)

This better be a nice spider. (Considering the book, I'm not holding my breath...) I'm not a fan. Snakes are no problem but with spiders I get all squealy and girly. Now I want to know what this spider says... I promise to pay close attention. But if I get nightmares, I'm showing up on your doorstep!

arthur decko said...

the spider is not scary or any of that, he is all sorts of cool...he speaks like a beat poet on acid...

LiVEwiRe said...

So he might be a little like you?