So I'm thinking I might be slightly manicky. Why do I think that? Well, it's not a mystery. After being accurately diagnosed as bipolar for, oh, what has it been? Five years now? Anyway, you get to pick up on these things. I've also learned that certain types of stress bring it on. There's been this underlying current that has:
- Made me obsess. Anything, everything, then switch to something else, then switch back.
- I can't let anything go. Even figuring out the first line of lyrics to a song.
- Short phrases, song lyrics or concepts are stuck in a brain loop. I don't mind.
- My filter has some major holes in it. I might be hauled in for sexual harassment. {giggle}
- Obsessive thinking. Obsessive thinking. Obsessive thinking. Obsessive thinking.
- My car goes no less than 20 miles an hour over the posted speed limit.
- I'm trying to do 17 things at once and for a moment, thinking it'll work.
- Pushing 300 pound delivery carts fairly easily while dancing to the above song.
- All of this seems perfectly normal!
Recently I've learned that my iron count is next to nothing (no biggie). I should have no energy to be buzzing around mentally like this yet I am. Enter hypomania. That's ok for now, I think it's getting me through a bit of a rough spot. Comes in handy now and again so I have no complaints.
I'm just noticing that life is funny and for this moment, I'm riding that wave. No idea where I'm going, but for this moment, that's cool. Things may change in 25 minutes, so I'm taking advantage of this now. =)
I'm out at Gram's this weekend. Detox of sorts. Have a lovely weekend!
(Great, now that I've named this post, I feel a Xanadu obsession coming on! Ahhhh!) In Xanadu your neon lights will shine, for you Xanadu.... a place ... where nobody dared... Oh shit. Maybe if I didn't like ELO so much? Yes? No. Yeah, you're right, it'd be stuck there anyway. On repeat. For days. Damn. Oh well, it's kind of funny when you think about it. You have to believe we are magic.... I have no hope left, I'm rambling....and I like it...lol.
7 comments:
oh great now I'm gonna have that song stuck in MY head!!
for 2 days now I've been humming Kid Rock's bawitdaba - this will be an interesting change...
Sam has never been diagnosed with anything but he has definite manic periods!! - I enjoy them!! does that make me a bad person? haaaa
I'm genuinely shocked at the dark chocolate / peanut butter revalation. I think I may have to test that theory myself sometime. Never was much good at learning from other peoples' mistakes. Not that mixing dark chocolate & peanut butter is a mistake, per se, but well you know what I mean.
Oh, and ELO rocks, Baby!
I'm all for seizing the moment, although I usually use those moments to catch some shut-eye.
First of all, I do confirmt hat dark chocolate goes wel only with luscious fruit ganaches or liquors.
Secondly, iron count down? Do u by any chance get bruised all the time?
And last but not least, somehoe Xanadu reminds me of some great British author of a century or so ago whose name I can't even remember!
Gee, now I will be obsessed about his name. . .wait a sec, do I see a trend here?! ;)
Kitty - Haha! Isn't that nice of me to share? =) I get all sorts of songs that float through my head and it makes for an interesting day, let me tell you! I always find myself singing along (even if no one else can hear) and adding a little dancey swagger to my walk. Perhaps one day I won't admit to these things in any public forum.
Terri - I definitely recommend that you test it out yourself. I mean, I could be doing it wrong and you may be able to enlighten me. Besides, we can overcome sooo much if ELO provides the background music, right? ;)
Kyknoord - Although those moments are ones that seem like the sort I'd like to seize, I'm often too distracted to remember that at the time. Most likely due to lack of sleep!
Tigress - Yep, those things go much, much better with dark chocolate. Me bruise often? Well, sometimes, but it's not major. Mainly superficial and odd places, like fingers. I attribute that to the fact that I'm pretty darned uncoordinated! You know, I think I know about that name that you're thinking of. I can't recall it either, but when you said that it became one of those fuzzy memories. Yay... let's obsess, shall we? =)
HAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa oh man I do the same thing!! I'm always plagued by a song in my head - in fact when I originally started my blog that is what it was ALL about... the songs in my head!!
sometimes I even sing the songs to my cat and try to get her to dance with me!!
yesterday Sam said 'it's a good thing we found eachother or you would surely be the crazy cat lady by now!!' haaaa
Kitty - Our cats probably email one another. Mine got to the point where they'd see that look in my eye and their ears would get all flat and pointing out to the side - you know the look I mean. They just might be planning their collective revenge via email right under out noses! (Still won't stop me, though...lol!)
Post a Comment