~~~ Updated~~~
I like the view from above.
I still need a few hours to formulate this, this, thing going on. But I can safely say that it is moving along. Direction is uncertain, but it's moving along. Meh, could be into a hole in the ground. Or it could be the beginning of something exciting. Even if I never get sleep.
One thing, my brain is getting these rowdy bursts. It's kind of fun to have your filter shut off, even if it gets you into a little trouble. Go here, this is sort of what my brain is tuning into. This post name should tell you which one to listen to. Damn I love those Canadians.
I like to live on the edge.
(Hint... it's #2.)
Back later...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, it's 'later'. Erm, somewhere around 11 am methinks. (I have such a fantastic grip on time, don't I?)
So, other than the fact that I'm about to vomit, things have taken a new turn. There is a direct correlation between that and the urge to vomit, I assure you. I'm not sure what I've said about this all, but I'll try to give you the briefest version possible. Keep in mind I don't have any idea how it'll all fit together but this is the plan so far.
Alright. The physical aspect of my job at the hospital is exacerbating the twitching/involuntary movements, which, as of yet remains unnamed. There's also the fact that the job there is maddening at best and was truly not accurately represented when I was interviewed. Then again, if it would have been, no one would ever work there. But. I need them for two reasons. First, and this is huge, health insurance, and the fact that I love working in hospital pharmacy. (Can you say 'glutton for punishment'?) So, in a round about way during a phone call exchanging New Years wishes, I was once again offered either full time or part time employment at the school I was originally going to instruct at when I moved back here.
What does this mean? It means that with some luck, I'll work at the hospital part time, instruct part time and it should equal a full time job. I'll be paying double for my health insurance but due to the fact that I now have a neurological 'condition' of sorts, albeit an unnamed one at this point, switching to a new insurance company would mean restrictions and a waiting period of up to a year for anything related to it. Paying double sucks, but no insurance sucks more. I mean really, I'm sooooo not paying thousands out of my pocket to have a doc play voodoo doll with two of my limbs.
I'm still living with family and even though it's really tough and I always feel like I'm in the way, it's working out for all involved. Within weeks I buy a car, play switcheroo with my jobs and land some sort of mystery health issue; perhaps not the best time to try to find a new abode. Man it's a twisted world sometimes. I mean, I'm not really complaining. Well, I am, I suppose, but it's superficial complaining if that makes sense. More like venting. I know where the real tragedies lie and I don't think my life falls into that category at this moment. Although there's no line of folks begging to jump in and take my place. ;)
At the time of writing, this is the plan. I don't know if it will work because getting the hospital and the school on the same page so to speak is next to impossible. It's all unsettled, although in theory it IS settled.
If it all falls through, I'm running away. With internet access, of course...
I like to live on the edge.
4 comments:
I almost expected to read "it's a twitching world" instead of "twisted". . .
Hoep the vomiting feeling has definitely subsided, that 0.5+0.5 still makes 1 full job and that maybe even if U won't ahev time to sleep anymore, at least u will have the satisfaction of doing two things U love: working at a hospital pharmacy and teaching :D
Cheers
Just as long as you keep that internet access handy..!
Well dear, if you were in my family I would never think you were in the way; I'd be glad to have you around for a bit. Of course, if you were in my family you'd have interesting things to deal with like bears and a nerve damaged pitbull...but, anyway. I'd keep my fingers crossed for you, but then I couldn't type, and that wouldn't do, would it? So I send you lots of loving energy.
Tigress - Hey, that would have been much more fitting, right? =) I'm trying to look at things more positively even though I have no idea if it's going to mesh at all. *Sigh* If it doesn't work, I'm coming to work with you...lol.
Terri - I do think I'd have a fit if I were to be deprived! The rest of the world may rest easier, though... ;)
Jarvenpa - You know, I do plan on making my way to CA within a couple of years for a little tour. I'd be thrilled to settle into a slice of your life, even momentarily. Maybe just close enough to see all your lovely flowers, but I promise to not wreck your cabin! =) Thanks for the good energy!
Post a Comment