Monday, January 28, 2013

I'd say I was sorry but that would be insincere.

Basically I'm referring to all of the videos I just posted all rapid-fire like.  Besides, you have full control over what you look at, so it isn't like I'm holding your eyes and ears (?) open to take it all in.  Their sound changes so if you don't like one, move on to another one.  Or don't.  My blog, my posts.  Dems da rules.

In general I'm feeling that I apologize way too often for things that either aren't my fault or are beyond my control.  Pretty sure we've all been there at some point, haven't we?  And yes, I DO feel that I can boldly speak for most of humanity regarding this issue.  

Going to have to nip that whole insincere apology thing in the bud.  All it truly is is some basic manners that have been turned into habit.  Not that that is all bad... here's an example I can give.  I work in what was once a hospital bathroom and hallway.  Our med refrigerator is literally in a shower stall.  So, you can imagine the space limitations.  There are two of us in that satellite pharmacy and neither of us are petite by any means.  No matter, short of being Stuart Little, it would still be a tight fit.  In that space, being 5' 1" and 98# won't save you from taking up too much space.  But what do we do all day... 'excuse me', 'sorry', blah, blah, blah... as if it's our fault that they built a pharmacy in a fucking bathroom and hallway!  For a year and a half - still apologizing!

Another example, people in the store that block my path... I apologize when I need to squeeze past them.  Clearly THEY are the obstruction here; they're having a fucking family reunion in the middle of the aisle yet I feel the need to apologize.  

My point is, what starts off as good manners (it IS proper and polite to say 'excuse me, I'm sorry' when you're unexpectedly butts to nuts with someone, you know?) somehow loses all sincerity and really undermines your own confidence on some level when you're always saying you're sorry.  When it becomes rote, just a habit that you can barely even recognize anymore until it is pointed out to you, then it really means nothing, does it?

Maybe I should have made a New Year's resolution... to stop apologizing.  But I didn't.  To which I could say 'fuck it and I'm not sorry'.  Hey!  When is Lent?  I could give up insincere apologizing for Lent.  Yes!  (No, I haven't found religion, but hey, that's how I kicked my frappuccino habit and never looked back...)

4 comments:

FishRobber said...

"butts to nuts"? sounds like either someone is following you too closely, or you're more kinky than me!

LiVEwiRe said...

Fish Robber - Hahaha, in this case I'm just referring to having to be uncomfortably close in clothed situations.

Terri said...

You kicked you frappuccino habit? Oh my. It has been a long time.

LiVEwiRe said...

Terri ~ Yes, I did! See, miracles DO happen! I did it last year, cold turkey. Tried three (different flavors) in the two months following Lent and really didn't like them. I can taste the dairy in it and it just lost its appeal and haven't had any since. I needed that detox.