Monday, November 01, 2010

Forty Six and 2

It started with a bit of flirting. The kind that has no basis, just that you are all in a room together and you've all been talking long enough so that when one ever-so-slightly suggestive comment is made, various people pipe up with their come backs. Just that kind.

There was some slight escalation and I got this super quick, really light (almost not there) kiss from this guy. Kind of surprised because I really get the idea that over the past couple years that I've been vaguely acquainted with him, that he really doesn't care to even be around me. No big deal because I think he's kind of an ass from what I know, which isn't much.

Maybe an hour or so later we were clearing things to clean up from the party and he made a comment about it being a good time to give me my official halloween kiss. I could see where this was going but I let it go there. He was my experiment. A few escalating kisses later and I sort of gently pushed him away explaining that we'd better get down there with everyone else.

I felt nothing. Not one single thing. At all. That's why I called him my experiment. He's quirky, has fun stories, is attractive and is all muscle because of his job (still an ass, but an interesting one, at least). You'd think some kiss time with this guy would illicit some sort of response, even given his tendency to be an ass. Something. But nope. Nothing. I think I've dulled my senses (in that respect) to the point of near non-existence. I'm not sure how I feel about that. But what I can tell you is that when the day comes that my senses do respond, I'm going to be in big, big trouble.

Because it will either work or it won't and I'm equally frightened. Good experiment tonight - and I never, ever saw that one coming!

8 comments:

jarvenpa said...

I think...though I don't know...that knowing the guy is a bit of an ass would preclude any simple physical response. It might be simple for some, but I don't think it is for you; it's not just "push here, touch there, and bingo!".

And...you know, that's not a bad thing. You want more, and deserve more.

LiVEwiRe said...

Jarvenpa - It is never that simple with me, dear. =) I suppose I just thought there was some portion of me that would have even thought 'oh yeah, that's not a bad thing...' but I didn't. Couldn't. Not that I WANTED to, he's surely a bit of an ass.

Perhaps I think my response was just different than most would have been. Guess there's no way to know, is there? And even if 'most' would respond differently, it doesn't make it the right response for me.

Terri said...

It sounds like the Case of the Missing Chemistry, to me. Which explains the lack of reaction on your part (and is perfectly normal... For someone like me, that is... You be the judge.)
Next time you try this experiment (and let's face it, what's the harm...?) add a new element. Fantasise it's someone else kissing you. Your secret (or not so secret) crush; the unreachable one.
It may not improve the chemistry but you might enjoy it more ;)

Terri said...

PS I like the new profile pic. Looks cute :)

LiVEwiRe said...

Terri - I agree, surely no chemistry. I suppose giving it a whirl with the aforementioned 'new element' wouldn't be such a bad thing. It would help to determine if I've shut myself off that much. Heh, in that case, lets drag my favorite hockey player over and use him as the experiment...lol. And thanks about the pic - it probably won't be up that long, I just get all weird about it. Ok... yes Terri, and everything else...lol. ;)

Terri said...

hehehe I say nothin' :)

Ginger Doll said...

Babe, just want to say hi, GD xx

LiVEwiRe said...

Terri - That might be a first...lol! ;)

GD - Don't be a stranger... ;)