Saturday, January 10, 2009

If it must be metal, make mine heavy. Mercury will do nicely.

First and foremost, I'd like to say that my mother's first post op, post radiation appointment was a great success! Still a few things to work on and tweak, but she's doing so well. On occasion she comments on how this was easier than she thought. That in comparison to many others, this seemed like a piece of cake. Where was her pain? Agony? Suffering? In her mind, she feels as if she cheated somehow; cancer diagnosis, surgery, radiation, cancer gone. Just that quick. She can't believe that she was just 'lucky'. Knowing her history, I told her that just perhaps all of the terrible and very unlucky things she went through were a trade off to give her breathing room at some point in the future when she really needed it. This might that time. But she is good. And we are happy.

I had an ER visit the other day. I won't go into detail now, perhaps in a couple days, but I had to report the physician. And if I don't get the results I want; which, I don't know what that might be but I figure I'll know it when I see it, I will personally report him to the medical board. You know, the folks that grant him his license. I want this on his record. I want any person checking on him as a prospective new physician to know what they are getting into. Ah, the smell of self-induced public humiliation. You can be rude to me. You can be rude to those I am with. You can treat me like an imbicile. I certainly don't recommend it, but you can. You can even deny me treatment for fuck-all knows why. I'll find another doctor. But don't you ever, ever, intentionally mock my integrity nor imply anything that could get me fired. Just because you're a prick. Because now, all of those other things DO matter and the gloves are off.

Thankfully he's not my surgeon. With whom I will begin a close and way too intimate relationship come Monday morning. After I'm home and feeling decent, I'll hop on this box and tell you how it went. Hint: If I'm home typing it can't be too entirely bad, can it?
`

12 comments:

The Carrot said...

hey! Happy few queers and all that ... you're mum is wonderful, strong and the news is encouraging.
hope everything goes well with you this year ... we all could do with a break, you more than anyone else.
lovies
me.

LiVEwiRe said...

JHS - Haha, I like that new years intro! Yes, and I'm so glad she's doing well. Words don't fully do it, you know? If I ever caught a break I wouldn't know what to do with it! =) I've often said that my lot in life is to save one other person from all the crap I deal with. I'm used to it, ya know? I'll be over to check out your latest very soon. Good to see again - always a pleasure!

jarvenpa said...

Well, tis Monday and I just got here. But I am sending all sorts of phantom good energy. And good for you for reporting the prick.

Renee said...

I'm glad things went so smoothly with your mother.

I'm glad you stood up for yourself with Dr. Prick.

I hope all went well yesterday.

Anonymous said...

definitely report him. i hate doctors who think they can get away with things.

best of luck on your procedure and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Terri said...

Could you be any more cryptic? You mention surgery with no details I start imagining amputations and such (possibly the product of an over-active imagination..?)

I liked what you said about your mom having built up karm with all the bad stuff in her life so the cancer goes easy on her. I like to believe that's how the Universe works. If that's the case then surely, surely I should be due for a nice easy-going work/life balance real soon. Like maybe, no work, all life?
Yeah baby, bring it on!

Ginger Doll said...

As you don't appear to be home typing, I do hope all is well, and that you and your mum continue to recover.

Much love, GD xx

Tigress said...

Yeay for starting the new year with your mom's good news. Not so yeay for the ER and the AH doctor! Go get him ;)

The Saturnyne said...

Hai you... long time since i twirled through the blogging world... weeks at least!

I always always appreciate you dropping by my humble blog and i hope any evil doctors you see, get immediately replaced by genetically modified clones. modified for cuteness and kindness. And hopefully with a stash of chocolates in their coat pockets for handing out to sweet and lovely patients.

S.xx

jarvenpa said...

I keep checking on your well being. Ah, that sounds stalker-ish. But I do hope you are healing.

LiVEwiRe said...

I'll be commenting in a few days... really!

LiVEwiRe said...

Jarvenpa, Renee & KT - Oh yeah. I don't tolerate being treated like that no matter how much you spent on your education.

Terri - Me? Cryptic? Haha! This was the surgery where I finally got that third arm attached so I could accomplish all necessary tasks. Ok, not really. It was a group of things but all of it meant I was violated in every 'female' way possible... and have to pay for it. =) The highlight was a laparoscopy that resulted in cyst removal from my ovary and the vaporization (doc's word) of some endometriosis, which I didn't even know I had. All tests came back normal, so I'm happy. No work and all life??? Oh, sign me up!

GD - Thanks! Of course I wasn't typing because of the horrendous pain in my head/face. But it's all getting reeled in now - thankfully. Mom continues to improve and I'm not sure there's much she can't do now!

Tigress - I'm gettin' him, don't you worry. He brought it on himself. I'm just here to remind him of that. ;)

Saturnyne - I always choose kindness first. Or maybe it is chocolates... hmmm. I was about to modify him myself right on the spot with my foot up his ass but wisely thought better of it. It's been a long time since I did more than a driveby around here. But I do enjoy visiting you. Heck I'd do it even if you didn't bribe me with Lindt dark chocolate Truffles... lol. ;)

Jarvenpa - I only worry if fava beans and Chianti are mentioned in the same sentence..! Thanks for checking in, I really appreciate it! =)