Thursday, September 04, 2008

I awoke only to find my lungs empty...

Earlier today I hand wrote the bones of a post while my mom had gone to the doc's. I was scribbling away in the waiting room about how I felt returning from Canada. I loved it but found there can be so much internal conflict over things you never see coming. In my mind there were symbolistic red lines and no change of heart, no matter how badly I wanted there to be. I was coming to the conclusion that I am just me and that's all I can be.

Before I finalized my commentary and supposition the doc called me into his office.

That was when we found out that my mother has cancer.
~

12 comments:

kitty said...

oh noooo - how awful!!

I just heard yesterday that they think my grandfather has pancreatic cancer - I'm waiting to talk to my aunt to get more info on that

anyway - I hope your mom's is an easily treatable one and that she comes out ok on the other end!! :)

Terri said...

{{hug}}

never know what to say to news like this, so just...

{{hug}}

Chris & Cheryl said...

Ah jeeze...I'm so sorry to hear that.

Glenn said...

Crap. I know exactly how that feels.

LiVEwiRe said...

Thanks everyone. Sometimes it's easier to pass this sort of post by but I thank you for having the strength to comment, especially in what can be an awkward situation. You guys rock.

Kitty - We go to the oncologist for a pre-surg appt Tuesday so we should learn a little more then. I remember you saying your grandfather wasn't looking well and that there were changes. I'll think good thoughts for you both.

Terri - Sometimes that is the perfect thing to say. Thanks.

Anduin - It was definitely a shock; still is, actually.

Glenn - That is very unfortunate. I know this happens to people everywhere but when it comes into your world, it is all somehow different, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

holy shit. i'm so damn sorry.

kitty said...

I'll be sending good vibes your way - and your Mom's way of course! =)

Ginger Doll said...

Just checked in after unforseen absence. So sorry to hear, and hope that tomorrow's appointment goes well.

Sending both you and your mom much love and good thoughts, GD xx

Tigress said...

I am so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you. . .

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I am so sorry to hear about this, Livewire. That last sentence just took my breath away too.

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I was the one to tell my mother she had breast cancer when she woke up from her mastectomy. It was horrible, she just started sobbing and sobbing.

She has been cancer free ever since...and that was nearly 10 years ago.

Please keep us posted if you can. I'm sending healing thoughts your way!

jarvenpa said...

Just checked in...it has been a month or so when I couldn't sit at a computer.
And I see this. I send you and your mother many, many good thoughts.

LiVEwiRe said...

KT - I think those were the first two words I said, too. Thanks hon.

Kitty - Thanks for the vibes - always pushing more mom's way! Never too many, right?

Ginger Doll - You're very kind; her appointment went well and pretty much confirmed what we knew but gave her more to go on. Her surgery is two weeks away. Kind of like a whirlwind, you know?

Tigress - Thank you, that means alot!

Stacy - In no way do I envy the position you were in. That must have been utterly terrible for you. I'm happy to know that she's been cancer free for nearly a decade. Isn't strange how it all takes on new meaning when it hits you and your family? Thank you for sharing that; it gives me strength.

Jarvenpa - I suppose none of us knows what we'll see when we get back on line or often when we get the chance to get online. Which makes me even happier that you took the time to send your good thoughts. Hope the move is a success.