It was a little difficult when my mom was leaving today. Then again, it usually is when it's time to say goodbye to anyone, right? We filled our 'weekend' with a subway ride (which neither of had done in 15 years!) into the city for the annual Three Rivers Arts Festival (check out the upcoming Regatta and Phipps Conservatory links, too), drove sans directions cross town just to go to one store, celebrated her birthday a few days early with a great dinner out including Flemish Onion soup spiked with quite a bit of stout, spent time at the West End Overlook (you'll know by the pics) and... yes, I'm going to say it... scoped out potential neighborhoods for me to move to. Nothing has improved with my job. In fact, unless something changes, I'm slated to work 12 days straight (most likely with overtime on at least eight of those days) starting tomorrow. But familiarity is taking hold and I know that I have nothing to go back to in Ohio as far as a job is concerned. I may be setting up camp here in Pittsburgh for a bit. Do I miss my family? Sure I do. Can I expect them to (or do I want them to) support me... no. Might be time for me to just hang out here for a while. Remember before when I was so sure I was moving back to Ohio? Well, the scales are tipping. I'm not surprised, I kind of do that with my life. The 'Burgh may be stuck with me for a while; who knows...
So, with that, I'll add some pics....



** Well, Blogger won't let me post the other three (in this post or a new one) so I will just add them later, when it permits. Those will be the ones from the Overlook. **
13 comments:
Some amazing photos you have there, Cap'n. All those years looking through a spyglass have paid off.
Very pretty pics indeed. Everything looks so pristine! Blogger has been a bugger of late but shows signs of improvement so I hope you get the others up soon
Everywhere I go there are complaints about blogger, I'm so glad I moved :)
Those photos are great, and for once I'm not jealous of the blue skies.
those are really great pictures!!
I'm glad you had such a nice weekend =)
Very nice pictures!
Glad to hear you had a good time! :)
blogger has been a total pain the ass I tell you. What nice photos. Glad that you and your mom had some quality time together. So staying in your hell hole for a while.
Amazing photos! I can't wait to see the rest.
'Sawlrite if Da Burgh stays with ya for a while, but finding a different 'hood sounds like a good idea.
No more treacle / stabby man an' all.
Dang, those are some great pictures! Good luck at work. Being understaffed blows.
Love the third picture...!
Good luck for your work marathon, and if push comes to shove, don't forget that violence can be a solution.
(oh, is Blogger supposed to be all good now? Ya. Right.)
flemmish onion soup sounds pretty damn tasty...i like the big phallic looking building, and not cause it's phallic...directions are overrated...rock on.
Heyyyyyyyy!
*waves excitedly*
Been a while since I've blogged or visited any blogs. Been busy, shifted jobs! :D
Yet to install my feedreader on this comp. Will do soon!
WOW this last building is one of those which one will fall on his back trying to watch the top if standing on it's very foot :-D excellent pic.
LW family n specially mothers are so reliable n trustworthy than one misses the support deeply in times of need. This life is so wild though, trying it's best to set people apart. Don worry things will gel in perfectly :-) good luck.
Kyknoord - And don't forget about 'Spyglass Correspondence School'; that contributed a great deal. ;)
Nomad - It really is a rather clean city, not at all like it used to be. Of course, I opted to not get the homeless men passed out in the grass in the photo!
Fence - Are you having blue skies of your own now? (For some reason, I keep getting error messages when I try to comment on your site... I'll have to keep trying.)
Kitty & Stacy - Thanks! It really was nice for a change.
Whatalotoffun - I shall reside in the hell hole for a little while, basically while looking for something better. =)
Terri - Finally got the last few pics up! Man did I ever have to work for that...lol! Yeah, I'd like to leave Stabby-Man behind for the new tenants; I'd feel greedy if I took him with me. =)
Jason - There's a cool one in the next post of the city. If I had a manual 35mm, I could do some real damage... I actually know how to use those well! And... 'the new guy' starts at work tonight, so we'll see how that goes!
Anne - That's one of my favorite building there. I was across the street when I took it, any closer would have definitely triggered the vertigo. Oh, and all hail violence in the workplace... I'm all for it.
Macho Biscuit - The soup kicked ass! Interestingly the building (PPG Place) is not only a mirrored plallus, there is a courtyard in the center with a huge obelisk, carrying the theme further. It sits in the middle of a life size (and then some) chess board. It used to be my fave modern structure to photograph, back in the day.
Beaner! - I know what you mean about not getting around to visit blogs. My visitations have been erratic at best. What's the scoop on the job? Tell all! =)
Sappho - I'm taking things day by day... even within that it shifts constantly but I'm doing the best I can. Thanks. =)
Dr O2 - Exactly - that's why I was across the street for the shot. ;) I already have vertigo and don't need an extra push...lol. You are right about the support - it was wonderful just to have that, if even for a short time. I was so happy to have her visit.
Post a Comment