Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Someone needs to take out the damn trash!

My new neighbors are here. I seriously hope he/she/they aren't the trash that I'm getting the idea they may be. Everyone that has lived there seems to be of a questionable element and truthfully, I don't like putting up with it nor do I like to have my Gram here alone.

I'll cut a few breaks but after that, they will be confronted. I'm sick of these idiot dumbfucks.

13 comments:

kitty said...

that's what sucks about apartment living - you have no control over the people who come and go in the building where you live

I think I mentioned before we had a freakin' CRACK HEAD living in the apartment below us once - and all his little crack head friends would be in and out of the building all the time... where I spent most of my days ALONE

YUCK!!

anyway - I hope your new neighbors are actually decent people :)

Chris & Cheryl said...

There are more of this type of people in the world today. What's up with that? I hope your new neighbors turn out to be okay. Good luck.

LiVEwiRe said...

Kitty - Actually I am in a house but there is single wide trailer rather close that is owned by the people that live on the opposite side of the trailer. Their house is set back and don't often realize how noisy/questionable some of the people have been. The last guy didn't pay his rent for 3+ months and he only lived there for 4 or so. They try to give people breaks and all but it doesn't always work out well for everyone.

Hopefully it'll be ok, there is a learning curve involved and I have no desire to have us be enemies.

So, a real crack head, eh? Hmm, that sure opens up a world of ill-fated possibilities. IT's awful to feel trapped in the once place you are supposed to feel comfortable. Of course my other neighbors have loudly threatened to kill each other for years and neither has done it. Go figure.

Anduin - Hey, it's the birthday girl! =) You know, sadly, you are right. I notice more and more people that are really questionable. They can't get a job and spend the day drinking or smoking pot (no judgement on those activities), yet can't afford to get the loud muffler on the car fixed. How bout we forego the pot and beer for a week and use the cash to fix the car? But they don't. Unfortunately I think it is because they truly have given up. They don't believe anything can improve so why not just stay drunk or high?

Hopefully it will be ok. I know what it is like to move so I'll give him/them a while to settle into a routine before I freak. ;)

kitty said...

I know you live in a house - I was just saying that's usually more of a problem for apartment dwellers - or at least that's how I think... I could be wrong hehehe

aside from that apartment I mentioned I've lived in houses my whole life and the neighbors have always been the same and they've always been decent

the house I grew up in still has the same neighbors that were there when I was growing up - same with my mother's house AND my grandparent's house

we did get a new neighbor across the street from where I live now (sort of) their actual house is across the street from the house 3 doors down... but they have several acres that run in front of us... my only issue with them is that they ride dirt bikes and 4-wheelers all day long and well into the night

anyway - I've known crack heads... just never had to live in the same building as one - he would sit out on his balcony to partake of his addiction and the smoke would waft up through my living room windows

if you've never smelled crack before... imagine the stench from the sweaty old socks of a person with the worlds worst foot fungus

LiVEwiRe said...

Kitty - I do agree about the increase of negative possibilities when you live in an apartment complex. It could be great or it could be a nightmare but there are more people you have to 'peacefully' coexist with.

I've lived in small complexes, giant ones, single family homes, duplexes, and old houses converted into apartments. The latter might be my favorite. But that is more or less because of the charm of the huge old house and the fact that there is no yard work! =)

I think I may have hurt myself laughing over your description of the crack smell. Forturately I've been far enough away that I've never had the 'pleasure' of getting a snootful. How did you even manage?! That must've been pretty awful! Blech!!!

Suppose it still all comes down to me being more successful as a hermit and just making timed pilgrimages out when I'm in the mood for human company. I mean, I'll still bitch, but you know... =)

kitty said...

I had the displeasure of learning the smell of crack long before we moved into the apartment above this guy - that's how I knew he was smoking crack

sadly long before we got married when Sam was still living at home with his father, his step sister had a party (there were parties there pretty much every weekend) where there was a girl (about 19) smoking crack in the same room as her BABY!!

that was the weekend Sam and I decided to spend most of our time at MY house instead of his - actually it wasn't long after that that he moved out of there altogether

anyway we didn't have to manage long with the crack head below us... Sam and the guy that lived next door to the crack head AND one of the guys who worked in the store downstairs brought it up to the landlord and he wisely made up an excuse why the guy had to leave

then the guy who worked in the store moved in haaaa

THEN I had a whole new set of unpleasant aromas - to tell ya the truth... aside from the potential danger of having crack heads in and out of the building I would have preferred the crack head over the guy who took his place - THAT guy seemed to have a hard time remembering when garbage day was - then when his garbage was at full stink he'd put it out in the hall... but his girlfriend must have been concerned about the smell so SHE would douse the entire hallway in some kind of country fresh douche scented lysol

ya know how you're just supposed to kind of spritz air fresheners? she would walk back and forth with her finger on the sprayer for an entire minute completely filling the place with sickeningly sweet smelling toxic fumes - and somehow you could STILL smell the garbage!!

I don't know what the hell they were throwing out... crappy diapers wrapped in rotting meat was what it smelled like haaaa

then there was the time he decided to pain the hallway/stairwell... with exterior oil based paint

but he could only do it in small bits - so the entire place REEKED for MONTHS!!

I put one of my own fans down in the hallway window to exhaust the fumes and he kept turning it off

I swear the whole time we lived above them I had comforters hanging over our door just to try keep the brain damage to a minimum

Tigress said...

Awuch!
Well, I can kind of confirm the population of trash is up. We have a series of apartments on the other side of the street and the average behavior is to say the least questionable (including loud parties starting at 10am till well past midnight). so bad that even at the opposite corner of our house with all doors and windows close still in impossible to sleep!
Hope ur neighbors are only "faking" it and they turn out to be semi-normal.

Ginger Doll said...

Had the joy of drug dealers downstairs kicking in the front door (flat living was joyful!), then bought a house in a quiet street with neighbours in their fifties. Who played drums under the bedroom window at 3am. And threw three day parties until 7am on work nights. Fucking hippies...

Neighbours are always a bit of a chore!

{illyria} said...

i read your post and the comments and i'm just thankful that my neighbors aren't half bad. i hope everything is okay where you are.

Terri said...

I think the trouble is that when you're dealing with people who need to be 'given a break', you got more chance of getting trash than not. I think its one of the laws of the universe. Not to be a snob or anything. And not that I have anything against giving people a break. It's just a lesson hard-learned.
b.t.w. Kitty: Based on your description I swear I will never, ever go near crack!! LOL!

LiVEwiRe said...

Kitty - It sounds like keeping brain damage to a minimum was a huge undertaking!

Yeah, I've never gone near crack but with your description I'm rather sure I never will... blech! How can people be near that?!

And what is it about taking out trash? Really, is it that hard? I knew people that would let it leak all over the hall and the stink would sink in. Ew. Even a bottle of Lysol won't help. Might choke you with different fumes, but not much of a help!

Tigress - Across the street! Geez! They really need to calm down. Eventually most figure out it's not so 'cool' as they thought!

Ginger Doll - Lol, 'fucking hippies'. Funny thing is that most would see them and figure they'd make great neighbors. Looks can fool anyone! Don't you just wish you could make people do what you wanted them to do?

Illyria - They have been a bit loud but nothing like the initial days. Perhaps a good sign? Hearing certain stories makes us all appreciate some neighbors even more!

Terri - I don't think you're a snob and I relate to what you are saying. The chance that someone will take advantage to the situation is greater than ever before, I think. Makes it bad for those that do just need a bit of help - these sorts ruin it for them. The line blurs once you've been in the position of being taken advantage of. You see innocent as guilty without reason, other than the ones before them were idiots. Isn't it interesting how threatened we can feel in our own places of safely?

Ginger Doll said...

Er, sorry about the bad language. Just talking about Eric 'The Groovemiester' Green and Annie 'The Swamp Donkey' Orwin (local slebs in their own armpits) gets me boiling mad.

LiVEwiRe said...

Ginger Doll - No need to apologize! Especially when they clearly deserve it! ;)