Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Uh, got milk?

No time to encapsulate, no desire to rehash. Things are wrong all over the place. There are new meds. I hate everything. This weekend I should be able to check in. Until then, I'll leave you with this... a glimpse of the first few moments of a little furry life.







Don't let mom's tongue up the nose trick fool you, she was quietly and steadily lowing the moment she saw us... talk about the evil eye!






We simply came around the corner to check out the cows (I always do at my uncle's) and came face to face (ok, maybe about 20 feet) with a birth that had to have occurred merely a handful of minutes before. I'll spare you to gorey details on how I know that.





Anyway, the open area by the wooden fence was flimsy wire. Although certainly with an electric current, I am not stupid enough to think I could outrun this behemoth, nor am I enough of an idiot to think that said electric fence would deter this mom from protecting her baby.



I'm afraid to call back and ask if this tiny bovine made it. Nature is cruel and I suck at being hopeful. I am still secretly hoping everything is fine in Mooville.

4.6 update: She's doing just fine... ;)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww so cute. i'm sure everything is fine in mooville. think positive.

and hope the new meds kick in real smooth.

jarvenpa said...

Ah, baby likely is fine. My youngest brother has a small herd of cows, and sends me the baby pictures when each is born. His are black cows, some with white (and they probably have some particular bovine name, but he gives them individual names like Dawn and Star and so on).
Cows help just as much as frogs. You've got to have something to think on with hope.

kitty said...

awww too cute!! I'm surrounded by cows here... I've seen a few new babies recently - but none that were THAT new

(M)ary said...

Hey, good luck with the new meds. Things should settle down soon! Fingers crossed. (-:

LiVEwiRe said...

KT - Things in Mooville seem to be fine; I did remind them that they should name her after me, of course! =)

Jarvenpa - It doesn't surprise me that someone in your family gives them all cool names. You don't realize how huge they are til you get up close. Then you hope they aren't cranky... ;)

Kitty - This is definitely the newest I've seen - mom still had icky stuff hanging. She kept trying to stand and her butt would go up but since she was under mom, her front half was going nowhere... hence all the pics of her in the mud!

M - Working on adjusting to my normal dose now (I start low) and other than some transient space-cadet tiredness and bouts of hypomania, nothing drastic. Another couple weeks should tell if it 'agrees' with me.

Tigress said...

Hey the gory details are almost visible in the first picture ;) But the baby and mommy are really cute. . .

LiVEwiRe said...

Tigress - Oh yeah, I was kind of freaking out over said gore. But quietly - she would have stomped me like a grape! It was a cute sight and I would have hung around longer had it not been that I was afraid to completely set her off!! Yikes!