I've been absent from the blog world this past week and I found that bothersome. Working 13 days straight kicked my ass and having time to check in on things would have been a welcome distraction. But today is 13/13 then tomorrow I have off. Lots to do and places to be, but at least I'm not at either job.
Today I learned that I'll be having knee surgery on April 24th. I have lots 'wrong' with me (albeit, moslty mental, haha) but haven't had to have surgery since I was very young and don't really remember it. This may also be the beginning of the end as far as my job at the hospital is concerned. Who knows about the other job.
So I sit and I wait. And I see what they do based on what happens with my knee. Even if that goes well, I'm still waiting on results from the brain MRI and EEG. Just saying that if I pass one part of it, the other is sure to trip me up. Funny thing is, I'm not unhappy about that. I just wish it was more on my terms, though some of it is. Even if things fuck up, I am a control freak, what can I say?
And I learned that a friend of mine is now engaged. He never thought he would be. And the guy that I was close to in Pittsburgh gets edgy when I don't call him back right away yet he has started seeing someone. And a female pharmacist I worked with in Pittsburgh is in a new position and offered to help me find a better job (she's a recruiter) in either Ohio or Pittsburgh. When one door closes another opens, right? Then again, you could just get stuck in the vestibule. Meh, not a concern. Not today.
I'm hoping to get a few minutes on here tonight after work so I can catch up on blogs. Sometimes it still baffles me that there are people I've never met in person, yet I think about them and their situations more than I do with some people I know personally.
Oh, for those that are slightly twisted, as I am, here's a fun little game for you. Would've been great for Easter but hey, I'm rarely on time.
And, for some reason, this song just slammed into my head today, er, pretty much like 5 minutes ago. I think there are some lyrics in this song that are trying to get my attention. Kind of like the name; Live Through This. Anyone remember it? This song fit into the middle of one of my favorite time frames for music. Ah, good times!
Off I go... to spread the news of my upcoming surgery with one of my employers. I'll catch up with you guys soon. Very soon! ;)
18 comments:
I was starting to worry - I was gonna email you today if you didn't appear hehehe
since I have knee problems myself just the word knee kinda freaks me out!! fortunately or unfortunately I'm not sure how to look at it... they say surgery wouldn't help my knee problem (they pop out of joint leaving me unable to walk for a week)
they told me I need to build my legs up like a runner to surround the knee with muscle so that it won't have the room to move... that seemed like work - so far in this case it seems fat works as well as muscle... as soon as I started packing it on my knees stopped going out!! WOO HOO I found the benefit to being fat!!
well that and nobody tries to buy you clothes for christmas
anyway good luck with your surgery... and everything else!! I'm sending good thoughts your way =)
I'll hold your hand, virtually of course, when you go into surgery. I know it's not a comfortable thought.
Great to see you back, Livewire.
knee surgery does not sound fun. good luck and here's hoping you have a speedy recovery.
I'd be happy to talk to you about knee surgery and recovery from it - I had mine in late January, so it's quite clear in my mind. I wish you well with it. It's not fun to go under the knife, so to speak.
Other than that.... it's good to read you! You really are missed when you aren't writing. I know I don't comment as much as perhaps I should, but I think about you much like you say here. I think about you and a few others more than I do about people in my real life. Such as it is.
At any rate, I hope you have a decent weekend, my fellow Hugh Laurie fan.
oh man anne that bird is giving me panic attack!! what the hell is it?
yes I'm so scared of large birds that even pictures freak me out!! haaaa
ACK!! anne I see you live in the northeast - so do I - PLEASE tell me that bird doesn't live in upstate NY!!!
p.s. sorry to hijack your comments LiVEwiRe - but I can't live with the idea that a bird like that might fly over my house!! I'm having cold sweats just thinking about it!!
13 days in a row? I think I did 8 days in a row once, and that almost killed me. Surgery is positive though, it's fixing a problem, and problems are bad. Also, if you leave one job, you won't have to do 13 days in a row again, think positive.
I now have the internet at home btw! I shall be able to blog and comment with some regularity for the first time in far too long. I have a new blog up in fact...which is the beginning of a book which I haven't written anything for in almost 2 years, still thats progress for you, I shall post properly soon, I promise.
Take care X
Good luck with the surgery on the 24th. I have a major phobia when it comes to going under the knife.
I'd offer to be there and hold your hand until you wake up, but seeing me may just put you into a coma. :)
My surgery got scheduled for April 23rd (I got the call from the doc's office in the middle of a conference!).
Cheers to people that have surgeries while trying to find a job that they really like :D
Good luck with the surgery.
And I'm with you on the whole thinking about blogging pals thing. But hey, Bloggers are people too, right?
Belatedly, and apologies for hijacking, Live - Kitty, the bird in question is a cinereous vulture, native to Europe and Asia. You have no need to worry over its appearance in our area - I'm in upstate NY too!
I love birds of prey, so I chose this species for its rarity and gorgeousness (to me), among other things. I also love molds and frogs and bugs and various and sundry other critters that most people shy away from, so I'm probably a little bit strange. Or perhaps a lot.
At any rate, I'm sorry to scare you with my avatar!
anne - it's really an awesome looking bird... I just have an odd and unexplainable fear of large birds - they don't even have to be scary looking... herons and cranes freak me out too
I've been trying to get over my fear... I don't break out in a cold sweat when I see red tail hawks on the side of the road anymore - and I actually had my husband pull up somewhat close to turkey vultures in a field recently so I could take their picture - THAT is HUGE for me - I once freaked out and ran from an exhibit at the new york state museum because someone came at me with a stuffed hawk!!
(again with the hijacking)
Kitty - I certainly do not have a problem with anyone's fears; we're all different in what terrifies us, and often it is unexplainable. Good for you for taking photos of the turkey vultures! That would seem to be a very good step. I have a fondness for nearly every living thing, so I'm happy to hear that.
Best to you, Kitty, and of course to Live! Looking forward to more writing.
hehehe yeah I'm good for hijacking people's comments - I'm rude like that
Miss LiVEwiRe... if you want me to stop hijacking your comments I'm afraid you'll have to post something new!! hehehe
seriously though I hope all is well with you
Kitty - Ok, YOUR knee issue freaks me out. Sounds like you handle it rather well but maybe that's because you're used to it. The idea of muscle bracing it is common, but I like the idea of using fat better...lol. Maybe I could use it as a cartilage substitute? ;)
Jason - No, I fully expect you at the hospital at 10:30am to hold my hand. ;) (Kidding, virtually is much appreciated.)
Kate - Yeah, last time I had surgery I was about 4 years old and it involved tonsils and chocolate ice cream when I woke up. Wonder if I get ice cream now?
Anne - First I have to say that I thought of you on my day off; I passed the video section in a store and saw Stuart Little for sale (movie not the mouse) and on the back was Hugh Laurie in all his bow tied and bespectacled glory! =) As for the knee, yeah, I'm a little nervous. Mainly because there are no guarantees and I'm the kind of person that wants a guarantee. Plus, I won't know until I wake up if he had to drill into the bone. Blech! I should take the time to pick your brain on this topic. (And thank you for the compliment!)
Motor - Hey hon! Funny thing is that my 13 has turned into 24 days in a row. Well, with the exception that I had last Friday off but spent it at various appointments for myself and my gram and making numerous calls about the surgery and other things medical. Not much of a day off. So, my first day off is... surgery! Man, I'm a total sicko! ;) But I'm sooo glad you have internet access. When I get back from surgery I'm going to have to check up on you!
Chitty - I'm a bit 'skeered' myself, don't like relinquishing control. Plus, what if they decorate me or grope me while I'm under? Haha. You'd be welcome to hold my hand, too! Just be warned, if they drill into bone and you pass out I'm not totally giving up my OR bed. I'll move over and share the bed but the flimsy paper OR pillow is mine, all mine!
Tigress - You know, in a way, these similarities are becoming a bit uncanny, wouldn't you say? We definitely need to start a secret club... there may be others like us! ;) Best of luck to you!
Terri - Thank so much! And yeah, bloggers are people! Well, most of them. I mean, some are just kind of questionable. Heh. But none that we know! Right? Right! ;)
Kitty & Anne - I love this hijacking! I'm learning and there's no effort involved. Feel free to converse amongst yourselves at any time! =) Personally, I'm a fan of large birds. I currently have a book from the library about raptors that is the end result of a 50 year collaborative effort and some of the photos are astonishing! Raptors are my favorite. (Er, not to frighten you, Kitty!) But everyone has limits. I've held 8' and 14' boa constrictors without a care but if I see a one inch spider I squeal, act like a sissy and leave the room hoping that it is gone when I come back. (Yes, I see the hole in my theory but I prefer to pretend it doesn't exist!) Like Anne said, it can be unexplainable.
(not that you're gonna see this at this point) BUT the extra fat I'm using to hold my knees in place will surely wear down my cartilage at some point - joints can only take so much wear & tear!! haaaa but at least at that point I'll have something fixable by surgery huh?
as for the birds and snakes and spiders - snakes eat spiders (don't they?) and birds eat snakes - so MAYBE that's my unconscious reasoning for fearing birds - they eat the things that eat the spiders - I don't care what anyone says about spiders being good because they eat other bugs... other bugs are NOT spiders so who cares??!!
I'm all for being fond of all creatures - yadda yadda yadda BUT here's what I think...
DEATH TO ALL SPIDERS!! especially wolf spiders which come into my house and crawl on me in my sleep!!
and EXTRA especially the carolina wolf spiders which are HUGE and black and HAIRY and look like freakin' tarantulas
ya know what... lets just do away with ALL arachnids!! because if I get bit by one more lyme disease carrying tick I don't think my body can handle it!!
So... I guess I shouldn't send you my photo of a female wolf spider with her herd of babies on her back?
I'M KIDDING.
I wouldn't do that to you, either Kitty or Live. Just be forewarned that I may sometimes have such things on my site, should you choose to visit it. It's mostly trees and flowers and fungi, but there are arachnid and insect moments.
I'm not a big tick fan myself, but I quite like spiders. My love of living things tends to fall off at the parasite group, whatever species they are.
Kitty - What we can't fix with surgery, we'll fix with duct tape. Sound reasonable? Big creepy spiders are not good. Unless they are in a land far, far away. i mean, they are truly fascinating but I'm leary over the fact that they may touch (read: attack) me. Then I'd panic and smash it half to death on me. The portion that remained alive would surely attack near my jugular. So yeah, I'm not a big fan either. Still, they do have a cool factor, I'm just only willing to hear about it from the safety of a plastic bubble.
Anne - Blblblblbl... that's a really creepy image. But damn if they aren't clever and cool. I can, every now and then, tolerate them. From afar. Not a fan of killing them - I just wait a while to look back to see if they're gone yet. =) I did hold a tarantula once, without passing out. As for the parasites, I've gone out with enough to not be fond of them, either. Heh.
Post a Comment