Sunday, April 22, 2007

I only get religious when I pray that I don't talk in my sleep

This just made me laugh - that's why it's here, no other reason.



So here it is, 35 hours until surgery. What is there to say? The as of yet unknown procedure will determine how quickly I'm back. My ginormous knee and I will be recouping at Gram's so I should get some rest. Too bad I have to have surgery to rest.


Until then, be well, play nice; oh hell, poke each other with sticks if you want, but have good stories to tell me when I get back. ;)


Is it weird that my biggest concern at the moment is that I'll pee on myself under anesthesia?

19 comments:

Reluctant Nomad said...

I hope all goes well with the op. You don't seem to concerned about it. In fact, you seem to welcome it as it will give you some well-deserved rest.

I expect some surreal stories inspired by the anaesthesia :-)

kitty said...

oh geez I NEVER even thought of THAT!! does that happen? I had surgery once when I was a kid - I don't recall being told I had peed on myself... but I was probably pretty dehydrated since I had a high fever at the time (my appendix ruptured)

aah I was too sick to care if I peed all over me and the doctors!! hehehe

looks like you're looking forward to recovery time... maybe it'll be just like being sick as a kid - laying on the couch watching tv and having people bring you soup and sammiches?!! hehehe wouldn't that be nice?!!

I hope it all goes well and you get to REALLY enjoy the rest =)

Anonymous said...

don't they put a cathater in?

good luck! hope you recover swiftly.

and i love poking people with sticks! lol.

Terri said...

Good luck with the surgery LW! And enjoy the recuperation time afterwards.
LOVE the picture of that road sign btw :-D
xxx

Motormouth said...

Haha, that road sign is awesome!

Good luck with surgery :)
*hug*

We'll try not to break anything! lol

Anonymous said...

Be strong, Livewire. My virtual hand is available should you need it.

LiVEwiRe said...

Nomad - Yeah, what kind of sicko looks at a surgical procedure for rest. Oh yeah, that'd be me! ;) I've been so busy I haven't had time to be worried, which is kind of good in a way.

Kitty - That's actually why I'm doing it; couch-side delivery of soup and sammiches... heehee. See, I don't know if I'll 'pee on me' but I know it happens to animals. After all the bladder is a muscle and when anesthesia relaxes you... I'll just tell them that if I do they need to dry me off so I don't know. If I suspect it has happened someone gets whacked with a crutch. HARD!

Kate - aka Stick-Poker Extrordinaire ;) Well, the cath may be an option but the thought of someone placing it is almost worse than the thought of peeing on myself. Decisions, decisions.

Terri - I really need the rest so I'll enjoy every moment. As long as I'm not writhing in agony! ;) You know, I'd love to buy a sign like that and post it - the reaction would be great!

Motor - Glad you like the sign, too! Thanks for the hug; most likely I won't literally break anything til I'm on the crutches. Cuz that's just a bad, bad combination!

Jason - The virtual hand works for me, if only you could just read me one of your stories while the anesthesia kicks in. Of course then I'd insist they wait til I was sure I heard the end of it. =)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the op, Lucy. Surgery scares the hell out of me, more so because I feel I am not in total control of the situation.
Love the road sign... absolutely brilliant.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Nope, that's not a weird thought at all. I used to think "What happens if I have to poop??? Will I poop??? Oh my God...that'd be HORRIBLE!!!"

I've had several surgeries amd nothing happened...I think your body kind of goes into limbo and everything slows down (thank goodness!!!)

Good luck!!! :)

Tigress said...

sending u many positive thoughts :) hope it all went well

John Holland said...

Good luck. Buffy and I will be thinking good thoughts.

I remember after I had the surgery a few years ago, when they were giving my pain medicine at night. I swore there was a little old lady in my room with a big knife, I could see her but what was weird at the same time I knew it wasn't real. Now how weird is that.

Get well as quickly as you can and take advantage of the fact that you are going to have to take it slow for a little while. Let others wait on you some.

Anonymous said...

i'm a bum; only read this now and well, my well wishes will have to be for a successful recuperation.

now, onto more exciting things...did you dream of cartoon men while under? oh don't get me started on that! :)

*ugh*

get well!!!!

Chris & Cheryl said...

Best of luck with the surgery and recovery. I wish you the best and will keep you in my thoughts as you recover. Take care.

Jay said...

I'm thinking of you and wishing you well.

Anonymous said...

Let us know how you're doing, Livewire.

Dr O2 said...

just got on to see you have left!!! wish U a quick recovery.

jarvenpa said...

I love your photo and hope all is going well and because..of course you need silly complications like this..I have nominated you as a Thinking Blogger. (check my blog for more info if you like; you get to nominate 5 more, and so we go on..)

Tigress said...

U starting to worry me, girl. . .just a smoke signal, something to tell us everything is fine. please?!

PS. hope u are doing fantastically adn just enjoying ur good time "off"

LiVEwiRe said...

Chitty - Being a control freak, it was on my mind alot. Really alot! That sign still makes me laugh.

Stacy - Aaahhh! So I'm not the only one to think of things like that, eh? Happy to say I was nice and dry! ;)

Tigress - Thanks! And I hope you are doing well - I haven't even been over to see yet (first day back). =)

John & Buffy - Wow, hallucinations. That's gotta pretty much suck, especially when you are aware of them. I thank you both for the good wishes!

eKapa - Lol, I didn't dream of cartoon men but I think I still have some pain pills left... with enough of those I bet I would! ;)

Anduin - Thanks so much! It's going well and I'm sure it has something to do with all these good thoughts.

Jay - Knees can be a touchy issue, thanks! =)

Jason - One day you'll learn to not request an open ended commentary from me...

DrO2 - Kinda like a boomerang (er, or virus) I'm back! ;)

Jarvenpa - Thanks so much, and I'll have to check out this Thinking Blogger thing. I've been away from the computer so I hope I'm not too late, but I thank you in advance. ('Advance' although I'm sure I'm very late. How does that work?)

Tigress - PuffPuffPuffPuff... my smoke signal ;)