See, I was wondering that because, well, I swear they started to. It's been ferociously cold here and as if cold wouldn't be enough, it has teamed up with gusty winds. Oh joy. So as I was standing outside looking to see if the shuttle bus was coming to take me from my parking garage into work, I seemed to have left my eyes open a bit too long and swear I felt a slight pop and weird drag when I blinked. Can your eyelids freeze in place on your eyeballs? Wow, that would suck.
Anyway, it's day five of twelve in the working world. Next week I'll work a closing shift, then get about three hours sleep, then go to the other place for an early shift. That pattern happens three times. Blech. Week one with orientation for the school is done. Monday I actually meet my first group of students. It's exciting but it's a rough start. I should be used to that by now - that's how it's been since this even became a possibility. So I'm tired but excited. Well, as excited as I permit my cynical self to be. You know - it's never simple with me. ;)
I'm hoping to get out and check out blogs over the next few days before the hard schedule hits. I've been crazy here and just haven't been able to drop by. I'm so interested to see what's going on out there! And maybe I can read your tales of freezing eyeballs...
Oh, and by the way...
Thank you for two wonderful blogging years and an inexplicable 30,000 hits. You guys must be even crazier than I thought! =)
xoxo
10 comments:
Wow, has it been 2 years - time flies when you're having fun eh?!
And for the record, I think your eyeballs can freeze. It doesn't get far below zero here in Dublin but there are mornings when I'm sure the liquid on my eyeballs freezes cos my vision gets all misty just before I blink.
Happy anniversary!
And yes, I'm pretty sure they can. Feels weird, doesn't it? Almost like your brain is next.
Gee, I hope they can't. Sounds like you are working through a whole lot of things, my dear. Maybe spring thaws will bring lots of good things (besides mud) to your life.
Hope so!
If you fall over from exhaustion and forget to close your eyes, I'm pretty sure your eyeballs would freeze.
Congrats on the two years of blogging.
Frozen eyeballs sounds like a hors d'œuvre at a cocktail party for cannibals.
Happy Blog birthday to you. May your eyeballs not freeze so that we can have more years of your blogging.
heyyyy HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY - I'm coming up on two years too!!
I smell spring - it's just around the corner... I hope your eyeballs (and the rest of you) keep warm out there until then =)
Two years of blogging, and I've only just found you(via Reluctant Nomad)...aaagh, what have I missed... Happy 2nd Blogday
Don't U sound eccited now (or maybe it's the sleep deparavtion we are hearing!? ;) ) Anyway, i am getting excited by u gettigne xcited and I hope I will be as excited before I meet my first students too. . .
ANd besides the eyeballs freezing, it seems that all dreams can come true, although ususally there si a catch about missing sleep and beign stressed, etc. ;)
There is hope afterall, it would seem :D
Good luck for everything :D
Terri - Two years - crazy in a way! Sounds like you are getting frosted eyeballs! It should never be allowed to be that cold! Well, except for places that penguins live, etc.
Anne - Thanks! =) There's a good possibility that my brain was first and it's just working it's way out through my eyeballs.
Jarvenpa - Well today and yesterday were in the range of 40-45 degrees, including some iffy sort of wanna-be mud. I'm hoping it thaws the gray matter, too.
Kyknoord - That is a great image, actually! As long as it's not me in the image.
Chitty - Lol... only you, Chitser, only you! (I am sooo not going to any cocktail parties with you.)
Nomad - Let's hope they don't freeze because I utterly suck at typing. My posts would make even less sense! ;)
Kitty - Wow, we must've all been nored at the same time two years ago! I'm thawing a bit here, you?
Herschelian - Hello there! Hmmm, what have you missed? Alot of me talking in circles. Not worry, there's plenty more of that. =) I'll have to thank Nomad for leaving the door open so you could drop in!
Tigress - Then it's official, we're all excited. Even if our eyes are freezing! I have to catch up on what is going on with you... excitement everywhere!
Post a Comment