Although difficult, I've been refraining from writing anything relating to 'holidays suck' other than a comment here or there. Well guess what? Holidays DO suck and I need to bitch about that for just a moment.
Here I sit lately, dealing with several family issues, losing a car, getting a new car, driving a rental for two days so the dealership can do all those little things on my newly acquired car that they said they would, working over, dealing with health concerns, Christmas shopping, and oh yeah, I'm supposed to actually cook something for Sunday. Typical for this time of year, right? Sleep is almost non-existant, but fine, it happens.
Until about 30 minutes ago. To save time and hassle I made an online purchase that was to be delivered, by the latest, the evening of the 21st. I figure it's a day late so I check the tracking. Well, well, well. It would appear that UPS either lost it or the driver (or someone else) stole it. What was it? A T.M.X. Elmo. I don't care who's kids these are, I am NOT going to any fucking toy store just a couple days before Christmas. Do you hear me?!? I am so pissed right now that I feel like staying awake for six hours until UPS opens just so I can stew over this and be extra cranky when I rip them a new asshole.
I really don't like holidays. Not just Christmas, any of them. Except Halloween. That's one I'm alright with, actually look forward to. But this, it pretty much blows.
Bah! Humbug!
6 comments:
If you must give presents, then I recommend you give cash. I know it's not a particularly warm and fuzzy gift, but at least people know precisely how much they mean to you.
dittooo!
hey at least you're not the idiot who spends 2-3 days straight baking for people you normally avoid on the caller ID
p.s. aside from one item, all of our orders that were supposed to be here by the 18th are still out there somewhere - one now claims to be here on the 22nd (we'll see!) the rest (everything the spousal unit ordered for me) probably won't be here until after christmas... lucky for him my birthday is a week and a half later!! hehehe
I always preferred cash - or gift certificates - especially from the people who would otherwise give you a dented tin full of stale popcorn they got on clearance at big lots hehehe
thing with cash anything less than a blank cheque seems rather petty, but with a blank cheque it's sort of daring the person how much do you think you can put before the thing bounces and loses all value bit like that russian fairy tale (pick one) so but i think i can cook, i am unbeknown even to me apart from my unborn soul timetravelling bit i am perfecting the great work of the mediaevel alchymists through roasting potatoes, i follow the master heston blumenthal with a name like that gotta be a master and it does seem to make sense. Takes hours mind. And you have to start with maris piper. The best presents short of a blank cheque and you find one of them repressed Xtian types ok you may not get anywhere but they won't want to be greedy, is goods consumed in use, gets you out of the whole usury trap and this boxing day i shall try out a two minute starter involving freshly grated aged parmesan, you grate form into small circles bake for two mins leave for two mins they are supposed to be upmarket crisps canape starter things. It should work. I say modom, I begin to doubt the depth of a purportedly spiritual person, there is a yard of difference between a rant and an elegiac plaint and neither of these have much in common with recipes suitable for the festive season, and on that i remain with Janet Reager I wish you a xXx Xmas. ciao bella, tis a shame for you are young enough to be my wife.
Kyknoord - Perhaps not a good idea. I prefer people to think they mean more to me than they actually do. Sort of like reverse job security.
illyria - Frustrating season, eh? (I keep getting tossed out on my ear again at your place. I'll knock louder next time!)
Kitty - If I had my way, I'd get them some microwave mac and cheese but the uh, 'joy' of the season dictates otherwise. I will draw the line at the stale popcorn tin, though. After all, they may just regift it to me next year! ;) That's pretty handy to have a birthday that close but he's not allowed to use one gift for two occasions.
Anonymous - Glad you stopped by! Interesting theory on the blank check; I like to test people so it might be an interesting experiment. Unless there are too many zeroes. I find it funny that Maris Piper is a potato when it sounds like the name of a news anchor. You think Mr. B finds any humor in that? Either way. The cheese things sound quite tasty and I might even be interested in trying to make them. I doubt I can ruin plain cheese short of incinerating it. Yeah, I might like a xxx xmas too, but I'm guessing it's not going to happen. Nice thought though! ;) Hope to see you again, I enjoyed your visit quite alot.
well his birthday was last week... lemme tell ya - that's not quite as handy
it's more of a pain in the ass trying to do something special for him in the middle of all the holiday chaos
but the only way he would combine a christmas/birthday gift for me is if it was something BIG - but since all I ever want is dvd's - the only way he'd be getting something big is if he got me the twilight zone complete definitive collection - since that costs $255 I kinda doubt he's getting me THAT!! and if he did he'd have to make it birthday and christmas for at least 2 years haaaa - we're generally not supposed to spend more than $50 on eachother - this year I spent about $15 or $20 on him - we're simple folk hehehe
anyway I like your idea... get them all boxed mac & cheese... and as a side gift get them some jiffy muffin mix!! THAT would be funny!!!
p.s. anonymouses (that can't be right) cheese idea can also be turned into pretty little cups (if you make them big enough) by taking the hot rounds and laying them over the bottom of a glass to form them - then you can fill them with stuff... what stuff? I don't know!! hehehe
Post a Comment