So, I took a little break. Wanna know why? Of course you couldn't give two shits but you are probably reading this at work and, well hell - let's admit, reading this crap is still better than actually working.
Said I felt tired and incredibly irritable (yes, more eratic than usual). So, come to find out my Ferritin level is doing the 'how low can you go' limbo, I'm now anemic, and my vitamin D level is just about as low as anyone has seen. Next week I see the hematologist so he can ask me numerous questions ensuring I haven't been exposed to Anthrax or Mad Cow then set me up with some iron and high dose vitamin D. I would like that. Then I may not feel like I'm struggling just to breathe. Seems like an easy fix... YAY ME!
I found a goose. He was in the road looking around and I got out to move him - at 10:30pm. Next thing I know I'm driving with a goose in my lap in the dark just hoping it didn't latch onto my lip... those fuckers can be mean. We had a good conversation though - I explained my love of all things canadian to him and he, by default, fell into that category, being a Canada goose by design. Sadly, he did not make it but I tried. Man, he was awfully warm and soft... I totally 'got' the goose-down thing then, but I didn't tell him! Driving with a grown goose in your lap is hard. Really hard - makes turns almost impossible because you have to hold their wings down with even pressure or all hell will break loose. These are my normal nights.
For the first time in my life I punched a guy in the face. Or anyone, for that matter. We were crossing over into sexual assault territory and I gave him three options. 1: back off, 2: keys in my left hand are about to swing up and clock you in the face, 3: I will punch you - in the face. After he pinned me back, I managed to get loose and yelled at him to back off. He kept saying 'ok' but coming for me again - so I hit him - right in the mouth. Nice way for your cousin's husband to treat you, isn't it? Any surprise I feel really awkward at family gatherings?
Found a job, applied for a job, had a phone screening session. They should have notified me by Thursday if they wanted me for an interview, but I've heard nothing. A bit disappointing but in truth, the job may be a bit above me, you know. It's ok - I got out there and TRIED! I'm breaking the chains of my current employer. And if they don't watch their step, I may punch them, too...haha.
Lastly, I just have to comment on something I saw when I was doing some internet shopping. For those unawares, SPANX is a line of lightweight, smoothing undergarments made to really make you look good in your clothes. Needless to say, all women want that, right? But, being a chunky monkey myself, I really do benefit from this fantastic invention. The model they used, however, seems to have forgotten to eat for the past 8 months. Minimum. And they use HER to show how this product works?! Seriously?! What in the hell does SHE have to suck in?! They HAD to have had it pinned in the back... her fucking hip bones stick out so far she could double as a sundial fer crissakes! Now. Personally I happen to think she is too thin. But that isn't the point. She may be healthy and happy... and almost see-through. The point is that she is modeling an item used to suck in extra pounds. Oh puh-lease...

This just really pisses me off. And you wonder where both men and women get warped views of their body. If this 92 pound darling is in need of a modern girdle, so to speak, then what must the average person think of themselves? Sorry, but they could have used a model that looks like she's at least eaten something in the past few months. Her thighs have a canyon-like gap that is not natural. I can usually get beyond this, but when I know how people internalize this, it angers me. I've been in stores and overheard ~11 year old girls talking about how fat their thighs are... and they are little, scrawny 11 year old girls.
Well, that's all the random coming outta my ass tonight. Hope to browse around blogland tomorrow so I can catch up.
4 comments:
OMG I have this overwhelming desire to feed that poor girl!
And that's all I'm gonna say 'cos I agree 100% with everything you said about that particular subject.
Hope the vitamen D fixes you. I'm on Zinc myself. Beginning to wonder, though, if looking for a 'fix' is a waste of time. Maybe I'm as 'right' as I was meant to be (Gasp!!! On second thoughts no, that is not an option. It has to get better than this!)
You can see daylight between her thighs! That's not a nice (or realistic)picture. makes one reach for the doughnuts..
One of the few advantages of being redheaded is that I make vitamen D easier than most thanks to my pasty skin. I do have to wear factor 50 for seven months of the year though. So not sure its worth it...
and ... she doesn't have a camel toe , so i'm suspicious right there. I think she's made from polyurethane.
Terri - Truly, don't you feel like you should start a tele-thon in her name?! And to have her modeling (she was their main model - all sorts of bony shots of her) THIS? Either irony or hatred at its best - hard to say.
Ha, yeah, I wonder about the 'am I as good as I get', too. Thing is, you will always be you. I will always be me. This should rightfully scare the masses, heh. But even in trying to fix the things that are out of balance, it never guarantees anything. I think maybe we're seeking a comfort zone.
GD - Truth be told, I think I can see all the way to next week in that cavernous gap! I mean, if you're thin, that's fine, everyone has a particular body type. Hers just looks awkward and yes, doughnuts seem like a realistic option. Amazing, isn't it? Who was the marketing genius behind that match?!
Oh, yeah, I don't wear sunscreen. Mainly because I'm not out in the sun. And when I am, it's not for long. Yes, I'm bad, I know. Apparently my body repels vitamin D like oil and water. Maybe one day I'll figure out why but I will NOT drink milk... blech. I did not know that redheads produced more vit D! Very interesting!
My little Carrot! - Lol, your eloquence is profound.... seriously, no TOE?! What's up with that?! She looks like a cardboard cutout. And all cardboard cutouts logically need to suck in their gigantic thighs, no?
Post a Comment