Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's time I came clean. I can't live a lie....

Look, I'm just going to say it.

Mike Mills rocks. His voice is way better than Michael Stipe's yet his scrawny behind has represented R.E.M. for decades. I like Mike Mills. I like him better than Mr. Stipe. Although, truth be told, I have nothing against Mr. Stipe, I just resent the fact that Mike Mills takes a backseat to him. Perhaps he wants it that way.

Personally, vocally speaking, I think Mills is the bees knees. Maybe it was the aneurysm that made me feel that way? His, not mine. But then again, no; I secretly swooned pre-aneurysm.

I know, I know - I'm always rooting for the underdog.

Well aware I'm rambling but to be honest, this is seriously a thing I have. I mean the Mills thing. It was bound to come out some day. But we all know that I ramble to, well, pretty much I ramble for any reason. Too many partial throughts trying to reach the escape hatch simultaneously.

Lately I've been learning that I have a main Avoidance Switch and when I trigger it, even I have to fight to turn it off. Mental paralysis. And I don't say this with any amount of humor, but it's like fleeting autism, only I do have the control to turn it on. It's like a safely mechanism when I feel pressure. I go into myself and focus on everything but the wombat in the room, (I like wombats more than elephants) doing everything to cast attention on everything but that wombat.

I'll be gone again a few more days. No, I've not been committed (someone lacks judgement there...) I just have things to do. I'll fill you in later and will make rounds and blow kisses. Or throw punches; I'm not so predictable anymore. ;)

Sometimes I wish I had a wombat. I'd name him Mike Mills. Finest hour, indeed.

9 comments:

Terri said...

When I read the bit about 'blow kisses' I thought you'd been kidnapped by aliens. But then I read the next line and knew it was still you :)
For the record, I prefer elephants to wombats... hey, where does the white rabbit fit in??

kitty said...

'vocally speaking' - teehee

I like wombats AND I think I have some kind of selective autism - I just don't know how to control mine... yet!

but when I do... I shall rule the world!!

LiVEwiRe said...

Terri - Yeah, when I skip around blowing kisses someone should check to see if I'm feverish. ;) Elephants are fabulous in their own right but I can't help but love the furry plumpness of those little diggers, pesty as they may be. As for the white rabbit, he introduced me to a tasty little treat last night - papadew (peppadew?) peppers stuffed with fresh baby mozzarella topped with a bit of fresh basil and drizzled in olive oil. First of all, those are the cutest little buggers! If those peppers are a representation of SA food, you just might see me there on your next holiday!

Kitty - I think that if I ever saw a wombat (not likely here, but in a controlled setting) I am certain that I'd rush to squeeze it, effective getting my eyes clawed out. I just want to nibble their noses and revel in their chubbiness. As far as the other issue, I seem to know how to turn it on to some degree but it sure is hell reversing that. There is no doubt in my mind that you could easily rule the world. I would like you to forward to me an application for the 'Ruler of the World Sidekick' position. All I ask is that as a sidekick I'm not made to wear tights.

Ginger Doll said...

Hope that directional path has become somewhat clearer over the days I've / you've been offline...3 job offers?! You go girl!

Also hope its warmer where you are. The wind is blowing clouds of coal dust into every crevice of my house. I like England but sometimes...

Ginger Doll said...

PS...if I had a wombat I'd call him Colin. He'd hate me, but there you go.

LiVEwiRe said...

Ginger Doll - My directional path must look something like that zipping atom illustration. ;) Ooh, you get coal dust? Lucky you. I don't have that now but used to have fly ash all over the place so I know the frustration that goes along with it. For what it's worth, I like Colin better! Plus if you'd give him a nice pile of dirt to root in, he'd forgive anything!

kyknoord said...

Interesting. In your Blogger profile, it says "Occupation: Pharmaceuticals". Of course, it doesn't actually specify that it's your job...
Sorry, I was going somwhere with this. I really was.

Ginger Doll said...

Additionally on your profile, it mentions you like Mists of Avalon, abook I'm particularly fond of along with MZB's Firebrand.

And spookily I just bought China Mieville's Perdito Street Station on a friend's recommendation - EEK!

And thank you for the kind words on my last post. My pirate was one of a kind, and he won't be easily replaced.

J xx

Meadow said...

Girl ... you are a riot. Here's hoping your holiday was the bees knees. :)